Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Share your predicts for some earth shattering feats you feel Avatar2 will pull off.

1. First 200-300 m Ow.for James Cameron and biggest ow in Dec

2. First film in history to have more than 6 countries  in excess of 180-300m usd is

3. Chinas tally will surpass Force awakens Domestic tally

(A) First film to make 960m-1bil plus in China

4. First to m777sake 1.8 to 2billion

From 2 countries at bo.

5. Fastest to 2 billion and 3 billion we

6. First film to surpass 1bil domestic usd 

7. First film to potentially surpass 3b and 4billion worldwide

8. Largest 2nd weekend, 3rd, 4th weekend, 5th weekend

9. Biggest Single, OD and Ow in both China, UK, Australia and France

Help me out.Pandorians with other feats of might that the Juggernaut Worldbreaker Avatar 2 will present and leave us in awe!!

"This is our land!!"👍👍

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

23 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol in fact there's no doubt about it NC💪💪

Haha, wish I can speak with conviction, I tend to use "May" "Can" "Could" a lot... That's just habit I guess.

So I did take a look at the shortest reign at the worldwide box office record, it was Jaws, which held worldwide champion for just 2 years before Star Wars overtook it.

Guess which film is going to gun for the unique "shortest reign at the top" record?  :lol: (if it goes to the top).

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Haha, wish I can speak with conviction, I tend to use "May" "Can" "Could" a lot... That's just habit I guess.

So I did take a look at the shortest reign at the worldwide box office record, it was Jaws, which held worldwide champion for just 2 years before Star Wars overtook it.

Guess which film is going to gun for the unique "shortest reign at the top" record?  :lol: (if it goes to the top).

Oh man lol @ that is going to be funny. Again if it takes any of the crowns. Oh when you get time NC.please add some.feats to the list and post what feats you feel Avatar 2 will achieve. Wow the potential to make 2 billion from just NA and.China..My.oh my...Can't wait for Dec 2020. 

36 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'm definitely curious to see what A2 can do on the global stage. I have my own opinions on what its box office run will look like, but for now I'll hope for the $4 billion that gets spoken of in here so often. 

Yes indeed and that number can be reached Venom. Have faith in fellow fans and we are large and coming from Titanic, Avatar, Terminator 2 and more. I feel we will not be denied. Im excited that this could be another 250-320 m ow in the making and it will be the biggest for JC and imagine if it gets an average JC 7- 10x +multiplier from that 220-300 plusow???  1.2-1.5b domestic potential or dare I say better??? And imagine adding its tally in China to a domestic run of this magnitude NCSoft, Jimbo, Jc Scholar.....

Geez😨

--Theres a James Cameron mega BO event and then there is everyone else.😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Im excited that this could be another 250-320 m ow in the making and it will be the biggest for JC and imagine if it gets an average JC 7- 10x +multiplier from that 220-300 plusow???  1.2-1.5b domestic potential or dare I say better???  

So your range for Avatar 2 is:

From a low end of:

220 x 7 = $1.54 billion

To a high end of:

300 x 10 = $3 billion

Sounds about right. 

• Haha 6
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

So your range for Avatar 2 is:

From a low end of:

220 x 7 = $1.54 billion

To a high end of:

300 x 10 = $3 billion

Sounds about right. 

Ah the young minded with the

Sillyness. Smh

I'll give you the Forrest Gump explanation.

A2 will likely have 180m ow to 260m with 5.5- 7x multi. Obviously if its a 300 m ow, the multiplier wont be a 10.. But 4x plus multi is still better than any blockbuster in this era. How big are  James Camerons epics from the rest.   His titanic had a 20x mulitplier. 😎. T2 had a 7x multi. Any questions.

Basically Avatar 2 lowend 880-940m domestic and highend 970-1.28b.

OS low-end 2.6bill, High-end os 3.2b.

Avatar 2 represents a true box office royal crown amongst mere average diamonds.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I'm really curious on how high China, UK, Japan, Austraila, France, Germany #s will be when Avatar 2 finally brings Pandora back to the people.

Any predicts my Pandorian family?💪💪

Beyond China, where A2 is locked to make well over $200m, I do not see any other $100m Avatar's markets (Japan, France, UK, Germany, SK, Russia, Spain, Australia) making what first part did. For some of them, not even close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, peludo said:

Beyond China, where A2 is locked to make well over $200m, I do not see any other $100m Avatar's markets (Japan, France, UK, Germany, SK, Russia, Spain, Australia) making what first part did. For some of them, not even close.

Dont see how you came to that conclusion Peludo. In much smaller markets Titanic killed it ( still the greatest bo run in history) and 12 years later so did Avatar. Not to mention the India and japanese fbooks for the Avatar have 50 plus mil fans a piece. And my co workers who are asian decent saying they stay talking about this movie and it sequels in not only Japan but all cross Asia as well. Clearly it points to that James Cameron gets attendance that other Us films don't😉. Heck we may come close or beat the Uks bond numbers. Simply put if your statement dont fit , we must then acquit. 👍

Avatar 2 will blow away everything. Only question is by how much.

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Dont see how you came to that conclusion Peludo. In much smaller markets Titanic killed it ( still the greatest bo run in history) and 12 years later so did Avatar. Not to mention the India and japanese fbooks for the Avatar have 50 plus mil fans a piece. And my co workers who are asian decent saying they stay talking about this movie and it sequels in not only Japan but all cross Asia as well. Clearly it points to that James Cameron gets attendance that other Us films don't😉. Heck we may come close or beat the Uks bond numbers. Simply put if your statement dont fit , we must then acquit. 👍

Avatar 2 will blow away everything. Only question is by how much.

Cameron should have to surprise HUGELY (maybe 3D without glasses needed) to take back to all of those curious people who went to see Avatar. The first part did what it did because of 3D revolution. The story was simple as hell. But it is obvious that technically, the film is close to perfection. I would not dare to argue against that. And you should recognize that many people saw the film curious about that visual revolution.

But the novelty is gone, and 3D is DETESTED in many countries. If there is not anything new, you should not count with massive amounts of people turning back to Pandora. Of course, it is just an opinion.

37 minutes ago, peludo said:

Cameron should have to surprise HUGELY (maybe 3D without glasses needed) to take back to all of those curious people who went to see Avatar. The first part did what it did because of 3D revolution. The story was simple as hell. But it is obvious that technically, the film is close to perfection. I would not dare to argue against that. And you should recognize that many people saw the film curious about that visual revolution.

But the novelty is gone, and 3D is DETESTED in many countries. If there is not anything new, you should not count with massive amounts of people turning back to Pandora. Of course, it is just an opinion.

Ahhh I hear you. 

But on the novelty that general 3d movie use  is tired. See thats just it , James doesnt use 3d like a gimic( though it has certainly benefited avengers, transformers and other films at the bo) JC is about innovation, he will use surround 3d and sounds, practical real time effects and proably even help push more of those awesome theaters to be used. Aka the seat movement, smells, realistic weather effects  of 4dx where available and more. Cameron always figures a way to blow our socks off by combining technology with a compelling story that just creates magic and his loyal fans and newbies flock his work.

Remember, he's the idol of the director of lotr, The matrix brothers, dir of forrest gump, del Toro, the Mist director, M. bay and so many innovative directors for a reason Peludo.

You will see. JC is the Yoda of film making my friend.

I feel sorry for A2 because it'll be viewed as disappointment if it doesn't match Avatar. But it doesn't have to. remember that AoU dropped from TA and then bounced back with IW and EG. Also, Avatar was not the opening weekend wonder. it got where it did on long legs. So we'll see. I do think A2 will drop but if it's a really good warm-up, sequels can blow up. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Said it a long time ago, for A2 :

China BO > USA BO is a foregone conclusion at this point.

The difference will be shocking.

Cameron is beloved over there.

Avatar 2 is backed by big chinese investors, Cameron went there mulitple times.

It can do close to One Billion in China I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Really?  I didn't know Avatar 2 is back by Chinese investors?

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Jim has met some of the CCP High Command AFAIK too. 

• Thanks 1

For folks saying the story in Avatar is simple. I guess it is in some ways, and it's this way by design. Jim had, if I remember correctly, a much more in depth draft of the script (or at least a long treatment) that he streamlined and simplified to make it as widely accessible as possible. And boy, did it pay off. I have no doubt that he's going in much deeper on the sequels and offer something even meatier.

Avatar still is a wondrous piece of cinema. People didn't just respond to the visuals, they responded to a beautifully crafted story that is really well told with strong characters, a thumping heart and a real soul. That's what Cameron does. The extended cut (the longest available) is on another level though, I wish more people would watch that cut. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3