Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

42 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Well, I certainly hope they do build an IMAX near your area. If that does not happen though, a day or even a weekend in Paris when Avatar 2 releases sounds nice~~;)

How about the Paris premiere in the presence of Iron Jim himself...:Gaga:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

What about a scenario where A2 opens to 180-210m but gets a 7x multi or better all. 

1.2-1.5 billy domestically. What would that statement make for Avatar power!!

Are you the Godzilla is looking to make 900m from the OW numbers guy ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

What about a scenario where A2 opens to 180-210m but gets a 7x multi or better all. 

1.2-1.5 billy domestically. What would that statement make for Avatar power!!

settle down episode 1 GIF

Range for A2 DOM is $500M to $900M with $700M target (roughly). We’re hoping for more but let’s not get carried away.

A2’s realistic path to beating A1

involves over performance in foreign markets that have grown. That’s its path to $3B if it does it.

Ofc it all depends on the movie Jim delivers and the appetite for it. I expect longer legs than most mega-sequels but not a 7X multi, there’s too much awareness of A2 and legs are shorter than ever for sequels. If it did get a 7X multi it’ll be because it beats even the loftiest expectations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

How about the Paris premiere in the presence of Iron Jim himself...:Gaga:

Still remember watching Alita and seeing the back of Jim's head the entire time. Only thing to surpass that would be Avatar 2 with Jim. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Can we get a tally going of BOT vs Jim Gang? 

Something like: 

Alita to flop

Endgame to beat Avatar

Avatar 2 to blow everyone's socks off

I think that at this rate we really need to be keeping score. 

Alita kinda did flop though jcs. No it didn't do quite as badly as everyone said but it was not a hit.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, Pure Spirit said:

settle down episode 1 GIF

Range for A2 DOM is $500M to $900M with $700M target (roughly). We’re hoping for more but let’s not get carried away.

A2’s realistic path to beating A1

involves over performance in foreign markets that have grown. That’s its path to $3B if it does it.

Ofc it all depends on the movie Jim delivers and the appetite for it. I expect longer legs than most mega-sequels but not a 7X multi, there’s too much awareness of A2 and legs are shorter than ever for sequels. If it did get a 7X multi it’ll be because it beats even the loftiest expectations.

Are We underestimating Jim ...???  Domestic Target Should Be TFA Numbers (Considering Previous Record) .. We All Know that .. it is Really Tough To Beat TFA ...

26 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Can we get a tally going of BOT vs Jim Gang? 

Something like: 

Alita to flop

Endgame to beat Avatar

Avatar 2 to blow everyone's socks off

I think that at this rate we really need to be keeping score. 

17 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Alita kinda did flop though jcs. No it didn't do quite as badly as everyone said but it was not a hit.

It didn't really flop, but it certainly didn't do what Jim Gang thought it would, so they shouldn't get to claim that as a point in their favor.

20 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Are We underestimating Jim ...???  Domestic Target Should Be TFA Numbers (Considering Previous Record) .. We All Know that .. it is Really Tough To Beat TFA ...

I'm not.

TFA was average and capitalised on hype. It offered nothing groundbreaking.

Meanwhile Avatar 2 will be greatest visual experience to date. Have a kickass script and blow our collective socks off.

If marketing capitalises on the hype and gets enough people to the opening weekend this will make a billie dom EASY.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not.

TFA was average and capitalised on hype. It offered nothing groundbreaking.

Meanwhile Avatar 2 will be greatest visual experience to date. Have a kickass script and blow our collective socks off.

If marketing capitalises on the hype and gets enough people to the opening weekend this will make a billie dom EASY.

Billion Domestic Will Depend On Talk ... &  Jim Knows The Pulse Of Audience Very Well .. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Avatree said:

22 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It didn't really flop, but it certainly didn't do what Jim Gang thought it would, so they shouldn't get to claim that as a point in their favor.

It made more in its OW than many were predicting it to make total. I'd call that a win for Jim. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Agreed. It didn't lose a ton of money but it basically made nothing.

Pacific Rim basically. 

5This is my lil review of the amazing 3d 4dx Godzilla 2 showing. Now imagine what Avatar 2 will achieve 

The Godzilla 3d 4dx showing is absolutely amazing. In some scenes the seats had me inverted and my head facing my feet as we going into one of the bases by copter down through a opening. You feel that drop and feeling in your stomach like your plunging downwards. I may never visit a regular theater again

The weather and enviroment effects  and chair movements all state of the art. You felt the snow cold blasts, they use wind hitting your face and ears and body to simulate flying bullets and objects etc. The seats can also bank hard left or right simulate fast driving over ruff terrain, hitw and punches etc.. Every step by Godzilla and the monsters are felt. A blast of wind hits your face as Godzilla rises , ghidora created storms. Rain wetting you etc. Your blasted with forrest and other scents that fit the movie scenes.  I give the Godzilla 3d 4dx showing a 11 out of 10!!

Wish this movie could be seen in this way by everyone.. Wow they even utilized some of the surround 3d techniques..

Holy moly. Everyone was cheering and screaming..Godzilla 2 is awesome and 4dx takes the awesome power of big g to times 20.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2