Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

57 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

OK, I liked the way he phrased that answer here a little more than before, but still it gives me anxiety with the uncertainty here.

The way I look at it, he has a succession plan in place just in case the unthinkable happens, a form of insurance for Disney. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

The way I look at it, he has a succession plan in place just in case the unthinkable happens, a form of insurance for Disney. 

I mean Cameron will be 75 when A5 releases, and i'm sure he will have other stuff he wants to do why he's still capable (including more exploring i'm sure).

I also think he will want the whole AVATAR saga to be his. So i cant see him directing 4 films then dropping out with the finale.

Edited by stuart360

Yeah the way Jim is speaking is like he's just assuring Disney all 4 Avatar films will be made no matter what. The interesting part is that he mentioned his team could finish the movie. It could be the first film directed by a team, having a director come in with an ego and try to do an ego take on James Cameron's Avatar would be a disaster.

Edited by IronJimbo

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah the way Jim is speaking is like he's just assuring Disney all 4 Avatar films will be made no matter what. The interesting part is that he mentioned his team could finish the movie. It could be the first film directed by a team, having a director come in with an ego and try to do an ego take on James Cameron's Avatar would be a disaster.

We already have duos directing films with great success. The Russos and Lord & Miller come to mind

5 hours ago, Grebacio said:

I have my tickets for a showing in 1 hour, and what excites me more is not the sneak peak for Way Of Water, but finding out if they changed the font of the title card

I don't think Avatar ever used the now infamous poster font in the actual movie. As far as I remember it's always been that green glowing title card at the end with completely different font.

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

$50mil worldwide in 4 days, which is nearly the entire grosses of all the post pandemic re-releases combined!.

Not bad for a film that 'No one cares aboutTM'.

The sequel is going to do gangbusters isnt it.

Yes Yes Yes GIF

It always was going to

30 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

$50mil worldwide in 4 days, which is nearly the entire grosses of all the post pandemic re-releases combined!.

Not bad for a film that 'No one cares aboutTM'.

The sequel is going to do gangbusters isnt it.

Yes Yes Yes GIF

That's not 50M, the columbia gross is broken on mojo. Like, for everything.

• Like 2