Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

So the Spider character missing again? Did they just cut him from the movie or he will be the focus for A3 then? 

Yes, this also reminds me, why are we seeing less and less of Spider with these later trailers, initially I got the impression that he's the focus, now it seems like Lo'ak and Kiri are the focus, the last trailer being more Kiri focused, this one has a bit more Lo'ak.

Anyway, I liked this trailer a bit more than the second (which I also enjoyed).  definitely think this makes a play for the more general audience than those of us already determined to see it. Also agree that the largest scale action scenes is kept hidden, feels like there's lots we haven't seen from the final act. 

Edited by NCsoft

This trailer doesn't exactly get me excited. I still have the same concerns as before: the Navi all look the same, plot looks like a rehash of the first movie, and the whole thing looks like a video game cut scene. When does the embargo lift? I'm really curious about reviews for this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

Yes, this also reminds me, why are we seeing less and less of Spider with these later trailers, initially I got the impression that he's the focus, now it seems like Lo'ak and Kiri are the focus, the last trailer being more Kiri focused, this one has a bit more Lo'ak.

Anyway, I liked this trailer a bit more than the second (which I also enjoyed).  definitely think this makes a play for the more general audience than those of us already determined to see it. Also agree that the largest scale action scenes is kept hidden, feels like there's lots we haven't seen from the final act. 

I was under the impression that Spider will be the Middle-man between audience and Na'vi character since general audience is more likely to relate to a human character to a CG character but the focus now seem shifted to Kiri and Lo'ak's love interest. I suspect his role got reduced as they approach the final cut since there are so many sub-plots and characters out there, way more loaded than A1 and hence the longer movie length. But given the marketing still feature Jack Champion quite a lot, he should still get some notable screen time. 

17 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

This trailer doesn't exactly get me excited. I still have the same concerns as before: the Navi all look the same, plot looks like a rehash of the first movie, and the whole thing looks like a video game cut scene. When does the embargo lift? I'm really curious about reviews for this. 

The highest domestic grosser is basically a rehash of the previous highest grossing film, so I believe we are safe. London premiere on Dec 6, more than a week before the release date. Surely some reaction will start appearing after there and there isn't a sign showing the lack of confidence in the movie.  

8 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I was under the impression that Spider will be the Middle-man between audience and Na'vi character since general audience is more likely to relate to a human character to a CG character but the focus now seem shifted to Kiri and Lo'ak's love interest. I suspect his role got reduced as they approach the final cut since there are so many sub-plots and characters out there, way more loaded than A1 and hence the longer movie length. But given the marketing still feature Jack Champion quite a lot, he should still get some notable screen time. 

He's missing because most of his screen time is with Quaritch and his crew so there's probably a bunch of action scenes and major story stuff they want to save for people to discover in the theater.

38 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Some of these complaints I can see but it definitely doesn't look like a video game cut scene, the visuals are the last thing I would say is lacking here.

• Like 1