Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I'm a huge lover of whales - so one of the reasons I love this film is because they genuinely appreciated and respected the greatness of them. 

They have a bigger part of their brain devoted to empathy than humans - bless their beautiful souls, and may we always protect such stunning creatures from harm. We have inflicted so much pain upon them, and it should be known that not only do they feel as bad as we do, but probably even more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Finally saw it. Takes some time to take off but eventually it became absolutely amazing. I love the first one but this on first watch feels even better. The most surprising thing was the kinda smaller scale of the story but it was imo more focused and emotional than the first as result even if a bit shaggier. The visuals were just breathtaking, the underwater action stuff omg. The Abyss walked so this could run. I guess for some also the basic dialogue might be a ding against it but I really don't care because the movie worked completely. Like every other Cameron movie with basic dialogue.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I like that number, occupying #3rd all time for a moment, and then perhaps giving Titanic a chance to get back that spot after re-release.

Well i dont think Titanic re-release will gross 400mil, which is what it would need if i was right.

Plus i expect Jim to release the film again in China in a few months, get back some of that lost money. Then re-release it again before A3.

So A2 probably around 2.3bil in the end.

Just got a feeling that the film will do that bit better than a flat 2bil Brother NCsoft.

Although to be totally honest with you, i still havent lost total hope in the film hitting my orig 2.5bil prediction ha.😇

Edited by stuart360

8 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well i dont think Titanic re-release will gross 400mil, which is what it would need if i was right.

Plus i expect Jim to release the film again in China in a few months, get back some of that lost money. Then re-release it again before A3.

So A2 probably around 2.3bil in the end.

Just got a feeling that the film will do that bit btter than a flat 2bil Brother NCsoft.

Although to be totally honest with you, i still havent lost total hope in the film hitting my orig 2.5bil prediction ha.😇

Well, the way I see it, 2.26B is quite optimistic but is within high-end of a reasonable range.

I can see a breakdown like this

Domestic: $650M (Hoping for really good but not out of this world type of leg here)

China: $260M (legs are starting to show, and what if it really does get an extension into Chinese NY, and get a bit more box office, even though it's not gonna be a lot).

Overseas-China: $1350M (Gonna need to continue to perform, but legs out a little higher than current expectation, is this doable? I honestly don't know.)

Worldwide: $2260M (there we go!)

Yeah, for anything like 2.5B, it's gonna need extra help beyond the first run, at this point, I've adjusted my expectations and I'm just happy that it has done quite well, and also I liked the film so much!

Titanic  just needs $60M to get there, it might be able to!

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Well, the way I see it, 2.26B is quite optimistic but is within high-end of a reasonable range.

I can see a breakdown like this

Domestic: $650M (Hoping for really good but not out of this world type of leg here)

China: $260M (legs are starting to show, and what if it really does get an extension into Chinese NY, and get a bit more box office, even though it's not gonna be a lot).

Overseas-China: $1350M (Gonna need to continue to perform, but legs out a little higher than current expectation, is this doable? I honestly don't know.)

Worldwide: $2260M (there we go!)

Yeah, for anything like 2.5B, it's gonna need extra help beyond the first run, at this point, I've adjusted my expectations and I'm just happy that it has done quite well, and also I liked the film so much!

Titanic  just needs $60M to get there, it might be able to!

Nice breakdown there, and yeah sounds good.

The way i'm looking at A2's run is exxactly what it is, a film that with better exchange rates, and a full China gross, and we would of been pretty close to Endgame, and if it really had done that 600-800mil Chiina gross that was predictied out of China a few weeks before rlease, maybe even getting close to the orig AVATAR!, or atleast the orig gross of AVATAR before the re-releases.

• Like 2

So according to interviews, there's gonna be fire people in the next one? Like I know the ATLA jokes are old and overused at this point, but it's so funny that they're cycling through all the elements for this franchise just like with that show. Wonder what they are gonna do for earth. Underground Navi?

3 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Ah shit, there goes my dyslexia again.

XXR is right of course.

This insane seeing what A2 faced with no russia or Ukraine. Japan's  anime hurting everything and cov wrecking movie business in Avatars so important territory.  This wonderful

Sequel thanks to fans is finding a way to win and win big.

Wow 2.2b- with good shots to hit 2.3b ww or better. 

"Outstanding!"

And if it super performs..

Maverick is in trouble for the domestic crown of 718m.

MEANTIME......

Tom Cruise Maverick GIF by Top Gun

Wow In 11-12 days all..A2 has surpassed all the marvel and DC.tentpoles .

1b+ ww!!. And what's insane we still got over a billion plus left in the tank

CONGRATULATIONS TO CAMERON AND CO AND ALL PANDORA FANS.!!

Together we are unstoppable!!

To 2.2-2.4bww and beyond!!🥊🦝

" Pandorians I See You!"

Wow Leonardo to show up in Avatar4 or 5.

Interesting news.(lol full Titanic reunion incoming?)

You just never know.

Would my brothers and sisters here want Jack to be a part of this franchise with Rose😄😄🦝? And Human or Navii?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

12 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow Leonardo to show up in Avatar4 or 5.

Interesting news.(lol full Titanic reunion incoming?)

You just never know.

Would my brothers and sisters here want Jack to be a part of this franchise with Rose😄😄🦝? And Human or Navii?

It would be interesting for sure but do I think there is a chance of it actually happening? No. 😄