Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

The funniest thing about all the far right critters attacking avatar is they were ones championing Alita, a passion project of James Cameron against Captain Marvel

I forgot about that. Even people like James Woods got involved in that nonsense. It was ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I forgot about that. Even people like James Woods got involved in that nonsense. It was ridiculous. 

The far rights attacks on Anatar 2 are silly.

And this is from somebody who is not a fan of the Avatar franchise at all.

It will make a truckload of money, abut will not come close to the original.

And I just heard somebody call Cameron messaaging in Avatar "subtle", I don''t think that word means what eh thinks it means.  Cameron clusbe you over the head with his message in Avatra, to the paoing wher some critics who agreed with everything Cameron was trying to say criticised fhim for being so heavy handed about it.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

The far rights attacks on Anatar 2 are silly.

And this is from somebody who is not a fan of the Avatar franchise at all.

It will make a truckload of money, abut will not come close to the original.

And I just heard somebody call Cameron messaaging in Avatar "subtle", I don''t think that word means what eh thinks it means.  Cameron clusbe you over the head with his message in Avatra, to the paoing wher some critics who agreed with everything Cameron was trying to say criticised fhim for being so heavy handed about it.

It's not and the new film treads terribly close to pureflix territory with the villains having " we will tread on you" as their slogan

9 hours ago, Eric Claus said:

Hilarious that Disney's continuing the tradition Bones made over a decade ago. Can't wait for the Grey's Anatomy episode themed around Avatar 3 in two years.

the subway sandwich on Hawaii 5-0 is still the most hilarious example of this on tv. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

It's not and the new film treads terribly close to pureflix territory with the villains having " we will tread on you" as their slogan

I would also agree that he's not subtle, the last few years(say 6) have shown me that people absolutely do this, for reals.  

Social media really is so toxic these days. Twitter ended up becoming a platform dominated by the far right and the far left ...and let's be honest, it has made way too many people okay with trying to make a case for complex issues in a couple hundred words. 

The biggest problem with social media is that it has raped nuance, subtlety, and depth when it comes to discussing societal, political, and economic issues. This has only led to our entire world drowning in false information and fake news in order for each side to push their own biased narrative and to have their followers latch onto them as confirmation bias. 

If the world had invested only half as much in reason, education (with an emphasis on critical thinking and finding reliable sources) scientific progress as they did in wars, spreading religion, and propaganda, the world would be in a much better place. 

I'm just so sick of it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I saw a critic on local social media saying dozens of press screenings will be held across US & Europe on 6th, incl 5 screenings on LA. Social media reactions will come right after that.

im certain it'll be nominated for most major awards, but I still dont know if this is a win-competitive awards player; anyone know if those LA screenings on the 6th will allow it to get into the LAFCC awards?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

47 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I saw a critic on local social media saying dozens of press screenings will be held across US & Europe on 6th, incl 5 screenings on LA. Social media reactions will come right after that.

For a second, I read incel screenings, and I was like what in the fucking world?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

USA eliminated from the world cup, which is good news for domestic total. You want everyone to get bored of the world cup asap

Argentina - Portugal finale is still possible. That would be one of, if not the biggest event in football.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

USA eliminated from the world cup, which is good news for domestic total. You want everyone to get bored of the world cup asap

You're overestimating the popularity of football on this side of the pond, the NFL on a normal weekend draws far more eyeballs to TV sets. The World Cup won't affect anyone's box office over here, the matches are over by 4:00 PM Eastern at the latest 1:00 PM on the West Coast. 

• Like 3

sRTwnYt.png

Award winner avatwo (I know its not a serious award, but its funny), also got a nom for Original Song — Feature Film and Original Song/Score — Trailer    

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

19 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm curious what the story be AFTER Avatar 2. They can't keep doing the "humans bad, destroying nature, taking resources" thing for 3 more films and keep things interesting so what will the conflict be after A2? 

Isn't that to be found out towards the end of this I guess?