Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 Days?! If Deathly Hallows 2 couldn't do that, I doubt Avatar will. 15 seems reasonable enough, means taking the record back at least.

Was DHII coming off a 2.7B WW movie.A 250M OW and a similar DOM/OS OW ratio it would be at 700M at the end of the OW.

According to IGN, Avatar 2 has a record to get back as fastest entertainment product to the Billion dollar mark, Modern Warfare 3 did it in 16 days as opposed to Avatar's 17.

Thats very possible IMO

Agree. Not possible..Yet

IF, and it's a big if, TDKR manages 200 or thereabouts next summer then I may believe it possible, but thay is still a damn unlikely. At this point in time, given 3D's decline and how December releases are generally lower on OW, 175m seems to be the cap, that can always change though. Still more than enough to take the record back fron gamings evil franchise /bias.

I don't agree about the decline of 3D. Give the audience a film they want to see in 3D and they will, AVATAR 2 will prove that. The problem with 3D for me is that there are so many films in 3D now that simply don't need it (Drive Angry etc) and people won't pay the extra for any old movie, it has to be a movie that will transport them to a 'new world' with exotic and amazing scenery etc, a film that will take them on a rollercoaster of a ride, not some comedy or cop film or something, they don't need 3D.