Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Exclusive : Lang talks Avatar sequels, Pawn

http://www.moviehole.net/201150594-exclusive-lang-talks-avatar-sequels-pawn

“I’m not really at liberty to say”, Lang told us earlier today via phone from New York, reticently adding “[but] I think Colonel Miles Quaritch is a hard man to kill”.

“But they’re doing Avatar 2 and 3″, he confirms. “I don’t have any inside information on them though.

“Whatever happens, I feel I’ll always be part of Avatar – I’m part of that world.”

Avatar To Come To iTunes In HD With A New Special Edition Full Of Extras

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/12/16/avatar-to-come-to-itunes-in-hd-with-a-new-special-edition-full-of-extras/

This new edition will let us see Cameron’s original screenplay for the film, his scriptment (a combination of screenplay and treatment), and a gallery of over 1,700 images, and it will also,

“offer interactive extras that will enable viewers to deconstruct 17 scenes in splitscreen that reveal how the f/x for the sequences were created through various levels of the performance capture and post-production processes.”

Avatar To Come To iTunes In HD With A New Special Edition Full Of Extras

http://www.heyuguys....full-of-extras/

Don't waste your money. Excepting some interactivity novelties, it looks like the same core content that was on the SE Blu Ray and DVD. The scriptment and screenplay are both easily available online, of course.

I'm very curious to see how this film does.I just want 3D to either die, or be so good in a film for once that I actually like the format.

You dont need to wait till 2014 then. Next year TH will give you the answer. Edited by vc2002

In terms of “Avatar 2,” meanwhile, Letteri, like most the other actors and filmmakers who will be involved, is just waiting for a script, although he’s making sure that the production’s technical infrastructure is up-to-date for the moment when writer-director James Cameron delivers it. “We’re really just waiting to see what the script is going to be,” Letteri explained. “I mean, because the technology has been evolving since the time we’ve done it, we keep everything we have up to date; we’re updating the characters and keeping things sort of in a state of readiness, because I think one of the things Jim will probably want to do as he’s writing is to start pre-visualizing some of the scenes and start working things out. So we’re making sure that’s all ready to go, but we don’t have an actual start date.”

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/effects-supremo-joe-letteri-says-zack-snyder-is-placing-emphasis-on-in-camera-effects-in-man-of-steel

I dont think people care that Pandora is a whole new world to explore. When i ask people why they love avatar is came down to the fact that it was very pretty and had a love story in it. If Avatar 2 goes too sci-fi, or too hardcore and loses the love story it wont do so well. Avatar was Titanic in space with a happier ending. If Avatar 2 is more Aliens or T2 it will drop like a stone, better film or not.

Do you actually think Cameron will abandon the formula that's made the 2 highest grossing movies ever? He knows how to do it.

The thing that made Avatar so accessible to everyone was it had a little bit of everything, but not overdone in any category. Yes there've been other better love stories out there, but in those same movie did you also have everything else Avatar brought to the table? Nope and there's your answer. Put in a little bit of everything, but not too much to appeal to everyone, which Avatar did smashingly well.

As someone who see's Cameron's best films as Terminator 2 and Aliens...Titanic and Avatar are disappointing in comparison. They might have been bigger and made more money...but they weren't better. Better spectacles, weaker films.

Yet they didn't have a bit of everything, which is exactly why they didn't do what Titanic and Avatar did.

I just watched Avatar for the first time in over a year and I agree that the dialogue in some scenes is really bad(almost terrible), but it did captivate me in a way that very, very few films have done. There is definitely room for improvement in for the sequel. I'm hoping for a grittier and darker sequel with Avatar 2.

If that happens expect a massive drop in money. The reason it made so much was it's accessibility to every part of the population.

'Avatar 2' Underwater Filming Has Sam Worthington 'Nervous'

'I love the ocean, but I'm just a bit unsure about it,' actor tells MTV News about James Cameron sequel.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676903/avatar-2-sam-worthington-underwater-filming.jhtml

Worthington's quickly running out of time to start training, though, as his "Avatar" costar Sigourney Weaver started the rumor that Cameron plans to get the cameras rolling on "Avatar 2" at some point in 2012.