Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

48 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

The story was better than 95% of all MCU stories and those dont get specifically trashed for weak stories. What did you want Avatar to be about? Do you want an Avatar version of Tár? 

Nobody is exactly praising them though are they?  

I, like a lot of people, found Avatar's story pretty cliché and unoriginal.  Did I enjoy it enough to watch it MULTIPLE time in IMAX 3D, of course I did!  

It's okay that I don't like the story because I, also like a lot of people, still enjoyed the movie overall.  Both things can happen at the same time, I promise.  Like, Avatar was very well received by critics for God's sake!  

For anyone wondering why so many reviews I think I've never seen such a large effort from a studio on press screenings. I can confirm screenings happened yesterday in Spain (similar reactions as the recent ones in the US) and Latin America (still embargoed) as well and another round of them happened this morning in Puerto Rico and some smaller states in US. This is the most coordination I've seen for a release. 

• Like 1

Has anyone else seen the new Mercedes Benz  and Avatar The Way of Water crossover commercial? Uses clips of Avatar original and Avatar sequel, ends with: “Earth is our Pandora”. Don’t think I’ve seen a company use actual Avatar movie footage in a commercial before.

14 minutes ago, Avatar Research said:

One question also is this forum gdpr compliant as i completed an archive of certain users accounts for the videos and never once did it mentioned gdpr

I hope this forum gets more popular once the movie releases! 

Worth reaching out to the mods on that one. GDPR specifically is a UK thing rather than global I believe though. 

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Worth reaching out to the mods on that one. GDPR specifically is a UK thing rather than global I believe though. 

Thank you! i am from norway so is EU based but I know that to access some sites i must use gdpr so wanted to make sure it was okay otherwise some usa sites are blocked for me. What is best way to contact mods? 

Out of curiosity - and has probably been asked a thousand times sorry - what does Avatar’s OW adjust to in 2022 $$?

I’m trying to come up with an OW range for the TWOW, but $150m almost seems too low given the original opened to $77m 13 years ago. I know it’s the runtime and time of year, but my early thoughts are something in the $170-190m range.

James Cameron Says 'Avatar 4' "Goes Nuts"...

“I can’t tell you the details, but all I can say is that when I turned in the script for 2, the studio gave me three pages of notes. And when I turned in the script for 3, they gave me a page of notes, so I was getting better. When I turned in the script for 4, the studio executive, creative executive over the films wrote me an email that said, ‘Holy fuck.’ And I said, ‘Well, where are the notes?’ And she said, ‘Those are the notes.’ Because it kind of goes nuts in a good way, right?”

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Out of curiosity - and has probably been asked a thousand times sorry - what does Avatar’s OW adjust to in 2022 $$?

I’m trying to come up with an OW range for the TWOW, but $150m almost seems too low given the original opened to $77m 13 years ago. I know it’s the runtime and time of year, but my early thoughts are something in the $170-190m range.

$77m roughly adjusts to $105m today, so if anything the projections do indicate elevated upfront demand

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Elessar said:

DAMN YOU JAMES CAMERON!

I assume its all part of a bigger plan to make sure interest in the movies dont decrease, but if he was capable of doing better, why did he not try harder with 2's script

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

43 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

For anyone wondering why so many reviews I think I've never seen such a large effort from a studio on press screenings. I can confirm screenings happened yesterday in Spain (similar reactions as the recent ones in the US) and Latin America (still embargoed) as well and another round of them happened this morning in Puerto Rico and some smaller states in US. This is the most coordination I've seen for a release. 

got any tweets?