Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

DAMN YOU JAMES CAMERON!

I assume its all part of a bigger plan to make sure interest in the movies dont decrease, but if he was capable of doing better, why did he not try harder with 2's script

He's been saying A4 is the craziest for quite some time now, so it's probably true.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

How do you embed tweets on this site?

2nd best start for presales in Korea's history, behind Endgame. Strong China and INT'L start globally:

https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1600510789965824000

they usually just auto embed. If they don’t, make sure to “clear formatting” at the bottom when you post the link. 

• Thanks 1

So.. presales have started in Romania too. Tried to get my tickets for a 4DX HFR show here in Cluj-Napoca on Thursday, but.. it's all sold out.

Barely got a good seat for a standard 3D show.

OW ticket prices here:

4DX (without glasses): $10.4

3D (without glasses): $7.6

2D: $7.3

Prices might seem low, but I'm pretty sure I did not spend more than $7 - $7.5 for A:EG in 3D (Thursday previews).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

How do you embed tweets on this site?

2nd best start for presales in Korea's history, behind Endgame. Strong China and INT'L start globally:

https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1600510789965824000

Like this :D 

Idk why yours doesn't. I just copied your tweet link. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Out of curiosity - and has probably been asked a thousand times sorry - what does Avatar’s OW adjust to in 2022 $$?

I’m trying to come up with an OW range for the TWOW, but $150m almost seems too low given the original opened to $77m 13 years ago. I know it’s the runtime and time of year, but my early thoughts are something in the $170-190m range.

25 minutes ago, AniNate said:

$77m roughly adjusts to $105m today, so if anything the projections do indicate elevated upfront demand

On a CPI/ticket inflation basis, AniNate is right that it's about $105/106M but on an OW rank basis (it was the 26th biggest OW all-time when released) it would be about about $151M today. 

• Thanks 1

The AMC Dolby about a mile from me is oddly not showing this in 3D unless there is some sort of mix-up on the AMC app. The next closest AMC Dolby is showing it in 3D but it is a bit of a drive. 

The last Thursday preview showing starts at 12:30am so it would be 4:00am before it ends given the previews and commercials beforehand. Night owls rejoice!

38 minutes ago, Cap said:

they usually just auto embed. If they don’t, make sure to “clear formatting” at the bottom when you post the link. 

Thanks! At the risk of sounding like a boomer, how do I "clear formatting?"

35 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Like this :D 

Idk why yours doesn't. I just copied your tweet link. 

Windows is my downfall yet again!!

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Hmm i wonder if we can get a $500mil opening weekend worldwide. Domstic seems pretty locked for a 160-190mil range.

$500m? We're aiming for $6-700m+ here, long as the World Cup doesn't get in the way with a gangbuster final.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I am thinking we'll learn more about the other moons.

I think that idea is out of the window, and has been for a few years now.

In fact Jon Landau said in aninterview today (or yesterday) that early on they were talking about a movie based around water, a movie based around snow, a movie based around deserts etc, and how other moons could be involved. Then they realized just how big the Earth is, and how the Earth has all those things, so Pandora can have all those things too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hw64 said:

$500m? We're aiming for $6-700m+ here, long as the World Cup doesn't get in the way with a gangbuster final.

Just remember this isnt a hardcore fanboy driven film like a Endgame or Avengers, where everyone HAS to see it opening weekend. This film, like the first film, will be more about legs.

Not saying it cant hit those numbers by the way, and i'd love it to do it. I'm just trying to keep things into perspective.

1 hour ago, Robertron said:

Out of curiosity - and has probably been asked a thousand times sorry - what does Avatar’s OW adjust to in 2022 $$?

I’m trying to come up with an OW range for the TWOW, but $150m almost seems too low given the original opened to $77m 13 years ago. I know it’s the runtime and time of year, but my early thoughts are something in the $170-190m range.

Don't forget the original's opening was affected because of severe snowstorms. It probably would have been closer to $90m without the weather impact.

50 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

DAMN YOU JAMES CAMERON!

I assume its all part of a bigger plan to make sure interest in the movies dont decrease, but if he was capable of doing better, why did he not try harder with 2's script

Maybe because it needs to build up to it? Like Worthington said in an interview, Cameron is really good at progressively rising the stakes.

It's kind of like what the MCU did, they build up the stakes up to Endgame. It's going to be like that except WAY MORE EPIC 😉