Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

34 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Me, recover? I wouldn't have anything to recover from. I never said I'm against A2 doing whatever it has to, I just said it has a damn near impossible chance. If anything, you guys are the ones who are putting your sanity at stake for A2 htting A1 numbers. :redcapes:

...I mean, sure, let's see how everything goes, but it's not like not matching 2.8B WW would be anything worth shaming yourself for, even for James Cameron standards.

Yeah but imagine being so wrong that you thought something that was literally impossible happens and then some.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah but imagine being so wrong that you thought something that was literally impossible happens and then some.

I mean, I've seen that sort of thing happen (sure as shit didn't think Black Panther would ever sniff 700M), so trust me: I wouldn't be, like, shaken out of my chair. It would be insane if it happened, though.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I mean, I've seen that sort of thing happen (sure as shit didn't think Black Panther would ever sniff 700M), so trust me: I wouldn't be, like, shaken out of my chair. It would be insane if it happened, though.

Well then I question why you're calling it impossible if you think that sort of thing can happen.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

When Cameron was editing Titanic, he had a knife nearby in case he thought the movie was not good enough for his standards.

It s Life or Death for him.

No Fucking Middle Ground.

Bitches.

He's a god walking among us.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well then I question why you're calling it impossible if you think that sort of thing can happen.

If I said "impossible", I reiterate (though I'm pretty sure I said "damn near impossible" instead, why means "close to, but not actually impossible"). There is no such thing as impossible in the BO world, otherwise I Can Only Imagine wouldn't have grossed 80M DOM. I do believe I gave it a 0.00000001% chance of happening, and I stand by that, because no sequel to a movie that has done north of 1.5B has even surpassed its predecessor. Now imagine if the predecessor made 2.8B WW. Without a major novelty factor (Super IMAX 5D or some shit like that), I seriously don't think A2 will be able to match and beat that. (But I can't say it's legitimately impossible, because everything has a chance.... even if it's a 0.00000001% chance.)

If it does happen, though, color me surprised and officially rank me in as a member of the James Cameron Dick Riding Club, because holy shit, that would be the feat of feats.

58 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If I said "impossible", I reiterate (though I'm pretty sure I said "damn near impossible" instead, why means "close to, but not actually impossible"). There is no such thing as impossible in the BO world, otherwise I Can Only Imagine wouldn't have grossed 80M DOM. I do believe I gave it a 0.00000001% chance of happening, and I stand by that, because no sequel to a movie that has done north of 1.5B has even surpassed its predecessor. Now imagine if the predecessor made 2.8B WW. Without a major novelty factor (Super IMAX 5D or some shit like that), I seriously don't think A2 will be able to match and beat that. (But I can't say it's legitimately impossible, because everything has a chance.... even if it's a 0.00000001% chance.)

If it does happen, though, color me surprised and officially rank me in as a member of the James Cameron Dick Riding Club, because holy shit, that would be the feat of feats.

I'll like to welcome you in advance to the James Cameron Dick Riding Club.

Age of Ultron was within 10% and TLJ was garbage.

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'll like to welcome you in advance to the James Cameron Dick Riding Club.

Age of Ultron was within 10% and TLJ was garbage.

Fair enough. We'll see what happens. If A2 does match A1, or beat it even, then there will be no more denying: James Cameron is our master and overlord, and we puny mortals would have no other choice but to submit to his greater and wiser wishes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Fair enough. We'll see what happens. If A2 does match A1, or beat it even, then there will be no more denying: James Cameron is our master and overlord, and we puny mortals would have no other choice but to submit to his greater and wiser wishes.

If he has to prove him self not once, not twice, but thrice tho? Then so be it. More more you read about the man the more you start to doubt he's human.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If he has to prove him self not once, not twice, but thrice tho? Then so be it. More more you read about the man the more you start to doubt he's human.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a slightly less evil version of the Terminator himself, especifically designed to be successful at the movie making business (even if I'm not the biggest fan of Titanic or Avatar from a quality perspective, but Godfuckingdamn, their numbers.... and if Avatar 2, a fucking 1st sequel 11 years later to a movie that doesn't seem to be percieved in the internet as a classic, matches those numbers, then yeah, he just cannot be human at all. Or he found a cheat code to crack the BO game :sparta:).

6 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Aliens came out 7 years after Alien

T2 came out 7 years after T1

Avatar II or whatever they decide to call it, 11 years 

clearly JC doesn't rush product out for the easy quick $

perfection takes time :shades:

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, Royce said:

It'd be cool if A2 will be called "Avatars"

Did you hear the story of how Jim pitched aliens to the studio. He wrote on a board ALIEN... paused then wrote an S and put two vertical strikes down it.

A L I E N $

Pretty sure there will be less Avatar's in A2 than Avatar though! Grace is dead and Jake is a fulltime na'vi

• Like 1