CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Are you fucking kidding me? How can they realistically continue the story from one of the most perfect endings of any series ever? This is such fucking bullshit and I'm super pissed off. I am no longer a Pixar fan. Greedy bunch of assholes.

But in terms of being realistic, carrying on the toys story makes perfect sense. Showing the toys become even more outdated and competing with new and improved toys, showing how the toy popularity dynamics changed with a different owner.

Who knows maybe they will have to deal with a home invasion of enemy toys with a plot involving bullying and discrimination which leads to a war. Then woody or buzz will get seriously damaged beyond repair. It could be an incredibly moving movie and a cash grab at the same time.

I'm almost to the point of losing interest in cinema. This is getting way beyond ridiculous. Sequels, sequels, sequels. Do something fucking original Hollywood (that's actually good)! Stop remaking, rehashing and sequeling every God damn fucking movie that makes/has ever made you any money. Take that money and do something original and creative. Fuck this shit I'm so fucking pissed off.

I now expect lord of the rings to have a 4th sequel, terminator to be rebooted as well as Harry potter and Indiana Jones. Hollywood just doesn't bloody get it. Making the quick money grabs works for the short term, but not forever. That's why Pixar could always guarantee 200m DOM every movie. They built an original brand of fresh stories that everyone wanted to go see to see what creative story they made this time. If you have a story to tell and it takes a few movies to tell it by all means do so, but don't just keep rehashing the same shit over and over. Hollywood still hasn't figured that out. James Cameron gets it and he's going to deliver Fox at least 7 billion dollars for that strategy. I know I'm ranting, but im just so fucking done and so pissed off and emotional over this bullshit.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. Yes Toy Story 3 was a perfect end to a perfect trilogy, but that was Andy's story. The toys learnt that just because the child grows up it doesn't mean that's the end. If they can make a film and then maybe a trilogy with the girl (forget her name) which is just as good, then I'm a happy man. 

• Like 1

I really don't have problems with Pixar sequels as long as they are good. The TOY STORY trilogy is probably the best trilogy ever. The fourth one needs to be very good because I am sure die hard fans won't like the destruction it could cause to the previous movies' RT scores.

• Like 1

Pixar was always my creative hope of innovative cinema, now it seems like the last hope is gone.

I loved TS3, but for me there's nothing else to tell now, as the circle of a toys life got closed there. it was a perfect ending.

Now we get TS 4 and even worse, Cars 3, just for the money. Pixar lost it and i'm disappointed. If the beginning of the end wasn't the cash-grabbing Cars 2, it definetely was the unispired Monsters University.

Good old days, thank god Dreamworks creates movies like "Rise of the Guardians" nowadays. Movies, that would have made Pixar proud.

• Like 2

I really hope that's a joke.

No, I loved that movie, as it had the heart, Pixar movies once were known for. Before they decided to go for more fun and more sequels and hiding, what their movies really were about.

I mean, well, that's not Pixar, but Disney, but look how they tried to hide what "Frozen" was, when mareting it. They went by making the audience believe it was a comedy with a snow-man, while it was a record-breaking musical-adventure in the end.

I just don't understand, why adventure with a lot of heart is hollywoods step-child today.

Still can't believe where exactly and why Dragons 2 failed...