baumer

Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014)

139 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I really enjoyed this movie. I called it early on who I thought the "Winter Soldier" was when Captain Rodgers went to the museum. Here is my question; at the end of the movie when the clip played of the underground hyrda location, was that Loki's staff? If so is it possible that it is now powered by something other than the Tesseract?

Welcome to the forums. Yeah, that was Loki's staff. I still have no idea who the guys were, but I'm sure it was his staff.
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forums. Yeah, that was Loki's staff. I still have no idea who the guys were, but I'm sure it was his staff.

The guy with the fabulous badass monocle is Baron von Strucker. He was confirmed to have a role in The Avengers: Age of Ultron as a minor villain.

• Like 2

I love this movie so much! IMO, it is the best Marvel Cinematic universe movie. Which is surprising to me, based on how much I liked the first Iron Man, and The Avengers. This movie took a completely different turn then what the previous MCU did. It upset the established order things were going about in the Marvel Universe. I liked how they changed things up. The heads/tails war between Shield and Hydra was brilliant down. This movie did a great job of showing many different opposing view points, and how shield and hydra might not be so different after all. They both wanted control. This movie felt hyper-realistic. It actually had something to say about politics nowadays. How different political leaders use fear to keep people in line. As a viewer, you can see the different views on how things should be controlled. As many have stated, this movie felt like a mix between an espionage thriller and a Jason Bourne movie with the action. I liked the action more in this movie than I did in The Avengers. I enjoyed the hell outta The Avengers. CA:WS had great kinetic action, felt a lot more real than the comicky action of The Avengers. Captain America is not just a great comic book movie, but a great movie period. It transcended what a comic book movie should be. I could not be more pleased with this movie, Captain America was done completely right. Far surpasses the original(and I liked the original)!My only quibble is with the Zola super-computer Hydra exposition scene. Took me outta the movie a bit. Besides that, this is a great movie.9.7/10

Edited by FilmBuff
  • Like 3

Saw this yesterday.  In terms of story/plot, it was nothing new and pretty predictable, but in spite of that I really enjoyed it mainly because of the action. Saw it in 3D, which was unnecessary.

I wouldn't mind seeing CA2 again when it comes out on blu-ray, unlike Thor 2, which I thought wasn't that good and had no need for a second viewing.

If CA2 had a better story, I would put it up there with the first Iron Man.

8.5/10

Clearly a few of you cheated from the same report. :P

Its actually strange how close we are with every movie we see. We are within 2 points 90% of the time easily. Thats how I know I'm always correct and you guys are always wrong lol. 

example.

Robocop

Jay - 73

Kevin - 73

Todd - 72

Non-Stop

Jay - 83

Kevin - 83

Todd - 81

Catching Fire

Jay - 90

Kevin - 92

Todd - 89

Sin City

Jay 88

Kevin 87

Todd 90

and so on. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

love the discussion that went on here after i last posted read all 6 or so pages 

i was surprised about hydra resurgence , i'd forgotten about them so i was truly please to see how they tied in an old villain organisation from a previous film into the sequel and at large the MCU universe , 

i can now say poor SHIELD when at first in iron man and esp thor films they came across as pretty heavy-handed 

anyhoo gotta go get dinner ready later maybe once i watched shield episode

dash sooooo jealous of your pic with a real life size iron man 

• Like 2

Also, this film did try to have comedy, so that's a valid complaint.I thought the comedy was hit or miss. One part that I lol'd at though was when Falcon was battling that evil Hydra guy and the Hydra guy kept babbling about how powerful he is, and finally Falcon just goes "Man, shut the hell up." It was perfect because that's exactly what I was thinking. 

Another funny part with Falcon is when he jumps from the 41st floor and Fury catches him with the helicopter and he says "I said the 41st floor" and Fury goes "It's not like its labeled on the outside"

• Like 5

Its actually strange how close we are with every movie we see. We are within 2 points 90% of the time easily. Thats how I know I'm always correct and you guys are always wrong lol. 

That hurt.

• Like 2

Cap2 begins not so good, but it gets a lot better when Fury is chased, unfortunately there is a silly big twist in the middle of the movie, it totally goes from TDK to TASM in the blink of an eye. The Hydra twist was so over the top and silly that ruined the film for me, before the twist: an enjoyable political thriller, after the twist: "Our beloved superhero, Captain America, punching some Nazis in the face... in the next epiosde..." black and white and silly story line. Bad camera work, some bad acting and horrible score.

Can someone stay dead in the MCU? "reviving" characters really piss me off C+ (55)

Really interesting articles

“Hydra was founded on the idea that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom,” Dr. Arnim Zola, the Hydra agent who lives on as an artificial intelligence, tells Rogers and Romanoff when they uncover him. But Rogers, Fury, and Romanoff essentially tell us the same thing. The issue in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is less that we outsource our freedom, and more who we hand it over to. Ultimately, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is a movie about the targeted killing program that reaches essentially the same answer as the Obama administration: As long as Barack Obama, or Steve Rogers, or Nick Fury is deciding who should be killed, things are essentially all right."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/04/10/what-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-gets-very-wrong/

And that’s disappointing as hell. Because it’s completely unnecessary for the plot to be made black and white this way. We’ve changed the enemy from our own paranoia and the pitfalls of reacting to threats around the world to cartoon villains who say, “Hail HYDRA.”

http://www.blastr.com/2014-4-8/how-one-word-ruined-captain-america-winter-soldier

Edited by Goffe Rises
  • Like 1

Cap2 begins not so good, but it gets a lot better when Fury is chased, unfortunately there is a silly big twist in the middle of the movie, it totally goes from TDK to TASM in the blink of an eye. The Hydra twist was so over the top and silly that ruined the film for me, before the twist: an enjoyable political thriller, after the twist: "Our beloved superhero, Captain America, punching some Nazis in the face... in the next epiosde..." black and white and silly story line. Bad camera work, some bad acting and horrible score.

Can someone stay dead in the MCU? god, I hate this so much.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Really interesting articles“Hydra was founded on the idea that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom,” Dr. Arnim Zola, the Hydra agent who lives on as an artificial intelligence, tells Rogers and Romanoff when they uncover him. But Rogers, Fury, and Romanoff essentially tell us the same thing. The issue in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is less that we outsource our freedom, and more who we hand it over to. Ultimately, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is a movie about the targeted killing program that reaches essentially the same answer as the Obama administration: As long as Barack Obama, or Steve Rogers, or Nick Fury is deciding who should be killed, things are essentially all right."http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/04/10/what-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-gets-very-wrong/

Without reading the rest that blurb shows the writer didn't understand the film's message because Steve Rogers' view (and the film's) is nothing like the blurb's conclusion.
  • Like 4