Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Actually, it's not. GOTG will have IMAX for two weeks before Alien.

That is because IMAX hasn't updated with the new King Arthur date. 

It is also getting IMAX OS, but there GotG2 will be two weeks old by the time King Arthur opens.

http://www.imax.com/content/imax®-and-warner-bros-pictures-extend-long-lasting-partnership-multi-picture-tentpole-deal

• Like 1

I'm going to be real - I can hardly keep up with what's coming out when and what studio is trying to avoid the other so I will take your words for it that this is better.

In the end I'm just going to chuck rental money at this in the hopes we'll get that Rocknrolla sequel within my lifetime.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My dad is nearly 60 and is excited for GOTG. He hasn't seen any KA footage but I bet he'd hate it :lol: 

My dad's almost 60 and he's beyond hyped for GOTG. Called him to tell him to watch the trailer and he called back 10 minutes later saying "sorry, had to watch it a few times."

He thinks this looks like garbage though. And he loves King Arthur. Even likes the Fuqua one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

I think they will split up IMAX showtimes, just like they did with Avengers/Dark Shadows in 2012.

That would make sense, I wonder if Alien won't have IMAX overseas due to King Arthur or it'll have a week before Pirates. 

10 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Dark Shadows relinquished a lot of their IMAX screens to Avengers in 2012.

In the updated IMAX press release from this year, King Arthur wasn't mentioned so I wonder if the planned IMAX release has been cancelled in favour of another WB film

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

In the updated IMAX press release from this year, King Arthur wasn't mentioned so I wonder if the planned IMAX release has been cancelled in favour of another WB film

Yeah, that press release that mentions King Arthur is from 2015. Things could have changed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That was just them re-upping their deal for additional movies. We won't know for sure till IMAX officially releases their upcoming movie slate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That was just them re-upping their deal for additional movies. We won't know for sure till IMAX officially releases their upcoming movie slate.

I think they may keep GOTG 2 for an additional week knowing it will be successful, but if the WB deal still includes King Arthur, and as I mentioned above splitting showtimes just like they did with Avengers/Dark Shadows in 2012. 

Edited by chrisman0606

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Now one of Power Rangers and Gits needs to move from March to 1st week of August.

This. Power Rangers especially will get killed if it stays in march. I think it needed to move more than King Arthur to be perfectly honest. 

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

My dad is nearly 60 and is excited for GOTG. He hasn't seen any KA footage but I bet he'd hate it :lol: 

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

My dad's almost 60 and he's beyond hyped for GOTG. Called him to tell him to watch the trailer and he called back 10 minutes later saying "sorry, had to watch it a few times."

He thinks this looks like garbage though. And he loves King Arthur. Even likes the Fuqua one.

Hubby is 62, I am still in my 50', and I love the King Arthur story too (incl. the Fuqua version, despite it manny faults, it was another take on the story and had some interesting choices too). I love GotG too (but not every moment/scene)

I haven't seen anything about the new / upcoming one, I guess i have to start to look out for it.

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

My mom fucking HATED Guardians of the Galaxy when she saw it.  To this day, I still don't know why. 

She never gave a reasoning?

See above, I loved it (I am one of those who can love a movie even if it is not a 10/10 IMHO)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Hubby is 62, I am still in my 50', and I love the King Arthur story too (incl. the Fuqua version, despite it manny faults, it was another take on the story and had some interesting choices too). I love GotG too (but not every moment/scene)

I haven't seen anything about the new / upcoming one, I guess i have to start to look out for it.

She never gave a reasoning?

See above, I loved it (I am one of those who can love a movie even if it is not a 10/10 IMHO)

Disney is killing everything with its big blockbusters, they are making other studios running in circles like mads with movie scheduling!!! The box office is shifting big and there is not place for mid budget movies now. Either you are big blockbuster and fight for big box office or a mid budget movie where 50M+ is roof!!!!!

• Like 3

Okaaay I now have found and seen the trailer for the new King Arthur film on YT. And read up a few details at IMDb.

so :wtf: I was watching here?

LotR meets Dracula Untold meets... something I am not sure of. Plus Guy Ritchie, obviously.

The style to use the music (those at the end) reminds me also about another trailer I am still fishing in my mind for. This pressure thingie. Anyone an idea?

I asked my son on a 1 to 10 scale. He said: Guy Richie (as in having an own position on a scale)

It seems to be even more far away from the basic story than Fuqua's version was (Fuqua's version being to a degree in a few details historical possible as in there is a possibility the story is older than usually shown).

Seems to have some interesting actor choices involved.

Over $100m budget for the first, they plan it as a 6 film thing? Wow...

It is in a way sad, that me, a King Arthur story fan have to learn about the new movie here and not having heard a word / seen anything elsewhere (in Germany), but it is probably too early to expect that anyway.

I'll still watch the first part, its King Arthur...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Disney is killing everything with its big blockbusters, they are making other studios running in circles like mads with movie scheduling!!! The box office is shifting big and there is not place for mid budget movies now. Either you are big blockbuster and fight for big box office or a mid budget movie where 50M+ is roof!!!!!

In that I do not agree :)

• Like 1