Ent

THURSDAY NUMBERS (04.10.2014)

Just saw that Allegiant, the last book of the Divergent trilogy, was being split into 2 movies.

I so wish Divergent would have flopped now.

I don't know if the next film will really grow. Unlike in Twilight's time, awareness of YA films has gone up a lot and I don't know if Divergent really converted those who had not read the books, and has much room to grow.

Edited by a2knet

What's a good indicator on the 2nd weekend drop of comicbook films that Cap2 will have good legs?

Anything less than 60%?

I was looking at MOS and that thing had a 67% drop for $41m on it's 2nd week, affected it's chase of $300m DOM.

I'm surprised that Boxoffice.com believes that Noah will make about 8.7 this weekend.  I think it will fall hard again (less than 7).

Looks like Divergent will pass Lone Survivor's domestic total of 125 million on Monday, and then will pass Ride Along's domestic total of 133 million on the following Monday, right after the 3-day Easter weekend. 

Scream 4 is rubbish and the exact movie that the first two spoofed so well. And I consider Scream one of my all-time favorite movies.

I disagree. I think Scream 4 is great and the 2nd best of the series after the original. 

It really should have made more money.  :(

• Like 2

What's a good indicator on the 2nd weekend drop of comicbook films that Cap2 will have good legs?

Anything less than 60%?

I was looking at MOS and that thing had a 67% drop for $41m on it's 2nd week, affected it's chase of $300m DOM.

Define good legs. If you want a 3 multiplier, then a drop less than 50% will be needed. A drop between 55-57% will put it in line with IM3 and Thor 2.

Scream 4 is so, so ugly. Peter Deming is a great cinematography but Scream 4 is a big, messy stain on his filmography. It looks like an amateur youtube short. Beltrami's score is possibly the worst of his career. David Arquette is clearly just happy to be getting catering, while Campbell can't even be bothered to react to pretty much anything and Cox can't.

It's not at all clever too. It's one thing to spoof slasher movies if you're staying ahead of the curve, but Scream 4 is just flat-out stupid. They spend half the movie deconstructing the genre and the other half being that exact slasher movie they're spoofing. If anything it comes across all the more stupid for it.

BAD.

• Like 1

I adore Scream 4. And I've never been as excited for a film and never will be again. It should have made double what it did in the US.Thankfully, here in the UK, it opened at number 1 where it belongs. I went to see it twice on opening day and another during opening weekend.

• Like 2

So sorry I missed out on the Scream 4 meltdown. I would've been all like, "who the hell cares about Scream 4?". Probably would've been a jerk about it. Maybe it's better that I missed out.

Edited by RichWS