Shawn Robbins

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS ALLOWED - Discussion Thread)

Well, I stumbled onto the spoilers at SHH.

Not happy about it at all. Been vehemently against that ending for years.

I wan to see it as well.Wait, aren't spoilers allowed in here? No need to spoiler tag it then. Edited by junkshop36

I'm happy with the ending. It teared me up. You listen to Zimmer's Rise track and you can figure it out.

I can see the ending being divisive though, originally, I was pretty "meh" on the ending, and I personally would've liked to see a less philosophical last shot, and something more physical in a passing on the legacy idea, but after letting it rest for a while, the endings definitely grown on me.

It has the perfect ending to the trilogy. Gotham needs a symbol, but it doesn't have to be Bruce Wayne. Bruce dying wouldn't have made sense as it doesn't accomplish the goal he was set out to achieve in BB and would have been an epic failure on Alfred's part. Also do not forget that when you're watching it you're going through different emotions, so you feel sadness over Batman first before the uplifting twist arrives with Bruce being alive. Such a bleak, depressive story needed a positive ending and the conclusion of the trilogy couldn't have been Bruce failing. I can't simply think of a better ending.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

It has the perfect ending to the trilogy. Gotham needs a symbol, but it doesn't have to be Bruce Wayne. Bruce dying wouldn't have made sense as it doesn't accomplish the goal he was set out to achieve in BB and would have been an epic failure on Alfred's part. Also do not forget that when you're watching it you're going through different emotions, so you feel sadness over Batman first before the uplifting twist arrives with Bruce being alive. Such a bleak, depressive story needed a positive ending and the conclusion of the trilogy couldn't have been Bruce failing. I can't simply think of a better ending.

I agree with all that, but what I am saying is that I would've liked a more physical handing over of the torch from Bruce to Blake.

It's not confirmed. What we know is that Blake's idol is Batman. So in the end Bruce gives him the opportunity to look inside his idol's secret place. Whether he becomes Batman/Nightwing is unknown. Possibly not as both Bruce and Batman is considered to be dead.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

I remember this one cartoon that I watched when I was younger and every episode batman would go into the batcave and research criminals on his cpu. I know this isn't the from it, but this movie gave me serious flashbacks to that time.

Posted Image

Yes. Near the end. As Batman, when speaking to Gordon he referred to when "a policeman comforted a young boy with his coat who had just lost his parents"(slightly paraphrased). Also, only an idiot who hasn't seen the movie would come into this thread.With regards to Alfred seeing Bruce and Selina. It has a special context in the movie from something Alfred told Bruce.

Edited by DeeCee

The ending felt really Inception-esque. Maybe Alfred's dreaming it after all lol

:lol: I never thought of it that way. I think I accepted Alfred's 'vision' so easily since i got a bit worked up and was looking for something positive. But yeah, that opens up a whole new can of worms. :)

With regards to Alfred seeing Bruce and Selina. It has a special context in the movie from something Alfred told Bruce.

I agree, it felt like something that should've been revealed in BB, but I'm glad it was added in, as it creates almost an ambiguous feeling to the ending. Not that I felt it was ambiguous, but apparently some people think so.

After seeing the film, I had a hard time processing what I had just saw. It took me a while to figure out whether the film was good, okay, or even bad. But, after some thinking and letting it sink in, I feel TDKR is a very good film, and the ending is exceptional, not as good as TDK's ending, but still very good. The tomb scene when Blake asks shouldn't they know who really is Batman and Gordon says Gotham knows who saved Gotham--It was the Batman. It thought that was great. To Gordon, even though he knew Bruce was Batman, Batman was still Batman to him. And, I felt a bit emotional when the statue of Batman was put up.Great film. It was sad to see Bruce lose everything and then for Gotham to be torn down like it was. This is a very ambitious film.

I've seen it three times now, and I'm still uncertain about Blake's relationship with Bruce. It says in the movie that his will was never amended since Wayne Enterprises fell into financial ruin, so that would be before he met Blake in the movie, but Blake was still included in his will. Is Blake Bruce's nephew, or godson, or something?