grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

This has to have one of the biggest marketing budgets ever lmao. Been a while since we've seen anything like it. 

Possible, but it can be difficult to distinguish between big money and smart money. Especially when it comes to marketing.

And sometimes, something's time has just come.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

i'm start to think this scene and all the fights scenes are from a third act in barbieland, not in the first part. And there is really like a "final battle" in barbieland 🤣

In these scenes Ken seems really different from the dumb ken in other scenes. I think the plot could be kinda of

"barbie decided to go to barbie world and ken goes with her, then they learn in real world about how real humans are so they go back to barbieland to changg things but not all the barbie and the kens agree so they have to "fight"

Edited by vale9001

4 hours ago, vale9001 said:

i'm start to think this scene and all the fights scenes are from a third act in barbieland, not in the first part. And there is really like a "final battle" in barbieland 🤣

In these scenes Ken seems really different from the dumb ken in other scenes. I think the plot could be kinda of

"barbie decided to go to barbie world and ken goes with her, then they learn in real world about how real humans are so they go back to barbieland to changg things but not all the barbie and the kens agree so they have to "fight"

You're about 95% correct but don't bother with the remaining 5%.. just go into movie without speculation. There's many surprises 

• Like 1

So I just watched the Barbie world music video which yea Ice Spice is mid but I thought at least Nicki would bring it but then she started rapping like Ice Spice!!! Why?! Why is Ice Spice a thing? They’re totally forcing her when most people think she’s awful. Oh well. There’s always gonna be the original song there.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So I just watched the Barbie world music video which yea Ice Spice is mid but I thought at least Nicki would bring it but then she started rapping like Ice Spice!!! Why?! Why is Ice Spice a thing? They’re totally forcing her when most people think she’s awful. Oh well. There’s always gonna be the original song there.

Right? 

24 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I blame tiktok

7 hours ago, Flopped said:

The marketing budget alone has to be 200M+, right? 

Absolutely not.  

Most of these (xbox, video game, shoes, hot toys etc) are promotional partners/tie ins. Worth money, but don’t actually cost the studio anything. 

The premieres, press junkets etc will cost money, but not $200m. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Absolutely not.  

Most of these (xbox, video game, shoes, hot toys etc) are promotional partners/tie ins. Worth money, but don’t actually cost the studio anything. 

Also it's possible Mattel is splitting promotional costs. I don't remember any other WBD film have anywhere near this level of promotional blitz under Miser Zazzy's regime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Absolutely not.  

this.

All these join ventures just show how a lot of brands want to be connected to this movie cause it's literally the most talked movie in ages. I wouldn't be surprised they are the ones with the idea of a co-brand, not Warner. 

The barbie house is apparently connected to an HGTV show, a Warner owned channel.

This show renovates homes in every episode so we'll probably get a special episode of how they made this home barbie themed. So it's not like a specific marketing cost for Warner, it's the cost to produce a normal episode of this show. 

• Like 3