CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Yeah making everything start and end as Oscorp is silly.  It then becomes a matter of why is that place still operating and it should be easy to end it all since everything is right there in one building.

I groaned loudly at the name of the spider. What was is, Arabius Oscorpius?  

Ugh.

i think they took their cue from unobtanium  ^_^

I mean, you'd think after finding out the guy who tried to turn everyone into lizards and the guy who tried to shut off all the power in new york were employees from the same company as well as the ceo being that crazy motherfucker on that glider SOMEONE would be all like, "errr, maybe we need to look into this place?"

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 16

i think they took their cue from unobtanium  ^_^

People keep giving that shit, but the fact is, however silly it sounds, is terminology that is actually used.  Has been for decades in fact.  Cameron didn't make that shit up.  

• Like 8

People keep giving that shit, but the fact is, however silly it sounds, is terminology that is actually used.  Has been for decades in fact.  Cameron didn't make that shit up.  

But it's still shit. Just like being faithful to a certain comic book storyline doesn't mean it was a good storyline in the first place.

• Like 4

I mean, you'd think after finding out the guy who tried to turn everyone into lizards and the guy who tried to shut off all the power in new york were employees from the same company as well as the ceo being that crazy motherfucker on that glider SOMEONE would be all like, "errr, maybe we need to look into this place?"

Someone get this hothead outta here

• Like 5

Exactly, it is the reverse effect of what Sony wants, expand the universe. If everything about Spider-Man is tied to Oscorp in Manhattan, the universe is narrowed down to Parker against that evil corporation and nothing else. That evil corporation where his parents and GF worked, his best friend is the boss heir and directly create all of his foes. Too much forced coincidences and contrivances, It's boring like "What Evil Oscorp has in the bag to end Spiderman today, kids?" cartoon episode.

And TASM2 made clear that Parker is quite invincible no matter what because

MAGIC BLOOD!

Not sure if he revamped the suit in some way and I missed it, but Pete can sure handle a hell of an electrical charge. I thought the movie might go all Scanners on us and he'd snake Electro's form but remain Spidey in consciousness.

you sound melancholy 

• Like 1

I groaned loudly at the name of the spider. What was is, Arabius Oscorpius?  

There is an element called Einsteinium and Dinosaurs called Sauroniops Pachytholu (Yes, THAT Sauron) so I don't know where the problem is with that spiders name.