A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

9 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

2 star wars movies in one year seems like a dumb idea.

I mean we're never getting another Star Wars movie ever again. Not sure why Disney keeps saying they're making a new one when they never actually get made.

• Knock It Off 2

16 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

I mean we're never getting another Star Wars movie ever again. Not sure why Disney keeps saying they're making a new one when they never actually get made.

At least Star Wars fans are getting Star Wars shows that look exactly similar to Star Wars movies; we Avengers fans are the most disappointed with this delay.

Also not in the Variety article, the next Alien movie is set for August 16. Went from streaming to theatrical I guess. So that's cool. There's also a Rami Malek movie called The Amateur coming November 8.

A little surprised The Marvels didn't move, since I believe Dune 2 will make it impossible for that film to get any IMAX screens. Would also think that would help in terms of less competition. But whatever, not my studio.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/disney-moves-avatar-star-wars-avengers-1235514145/

1 minute ago, Eric Prime said:

Also not in the Variety article, the next Alien movie is set for August 16. Went from streaming to theatrical I guess. So that's cool. There's also a Rami Malek movie called The Amateur coming November 8.

A little surprised The Marvels didn't move, since I believe Dune 2 will make it impossible for that film to get any IMAX screens. Would also think that would help in terms of less competition. But whatever, not my studio.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/disney-moves-avatar-star-wars-avengers-1235514145/

Alien and Amateur going theatrical makes me wonder if Disney is gonna start pushing more theatrical with 20th Century now. Might be getting ahead of myself but it would be good to see.

As for Marvels, I have to wonder if there's some stuff with IMAX going on behind the scenes, esp since Dune and Hunger Games probably had those screens taken for two weeks and one week, respectively. Maybe an attempt to screen share? IDK, I'm not privy as to what happens with IMAX negotiation though so just speculation.

2 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

I think I read somewhere that The Marvels has an exclusive IMAX contract for several weeks. No idea if that's true.
Both movies are shot entirely with IMAX-certified digital cameras.

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMAX_films#Films_shot_entirely_with_IMAX-certified_digital_cameras

I've said before I think Dune moving up is more likely than either movie being delayed.

But yeah this is a combination of Iger restructuring and strike delays, but overall I think most of these moves are good, especially switching Deadpool around to the "primetime" summer slot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Willowra said:

At least Star Wars fans are getting Star Wars shows that look exactly similar to Star Wars movies; we Avengers fans are the most disappointed with this delay.

Avengers fans are still getting like 9 tv shows in 2024 lol, that's an ass-load of content. Also, no way is Thunderbolts gonna be the big 2024 Christmas window movie, some studio should move a bigger thing onto there

• Like 1

I bet Cameron has a film lined up between Avatar 3 and Avatar 4. He has talked about having multiple projects he wants to do/is working on, like a sequel to Alita: Battle Angel, a new Terminator film, and The Last Train to Hiroshima. 

14 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

In my head, of course it happened because of the writer's strike. If production delays cause less films intended for theatrical to make it out in 2024, then it makes a lot of sense that films intended for streaming would fill that vacant space in 2024.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Avengers fans are still getting like 9 tv shows in 2024 lol, that's an ass-load of content. Also, no way is Thunderbolts gonna be the big 2024 Christmas window movie, some studio should move a bigger thing onto there

Those shows don't look like Avengers movies, lol. Some of those even look like cheap Disney Channel shows; they don't have the epicness and scale that Avengers movies have.

51 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Holy shit, I just realized Avatar 3 being replaced with Thunderbolts will help Sonic 3 immensely, assuming that one doesn't get pushed too. Paramount had better hope this strike is over soon, because this could be a great window for it if it lives up to the last movie.

…Am I the only one who feels Sonic 3 may actually open higher than Thunderbolts? I mean, I suppose it’s a pre-holiday family opening, so probably not. But if it was a normal date… I dunno, I feel like 2 built up a lot of excitement for 3, whereas Thunderbolts seems like one of the less exciting MCU projects (Unless I’m missing something about it that really amps it up?). Again, without the pre-holiday effect, I think they would be targeting similar openings.

Edited by datpepper
  • Like 1