A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

It was kind of inevitable with Hulu and Disney+ merging libraries, but it's fascinating that this is one of Chapeks decisions that actually seems to have both paid off and Iger hasn't reversed, especially since he was very much insistent mature/general content being separate under his original reign. Not even R rated stuff, just like ABC programming for instance. Curious if eventually they decide to rope in ESPN into this.

Edited by SpiderByte

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not sure if I should laugh or feel sad about this. I think I am gonna laugh. :hahaha:

It all worked out in the end (I read the story last night on Yahoo), so it's safe to give at least a sensible chuckle. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Porthos said:

It all worked out in the end (I read the story last night on Yahoo), so it's safe to give at least a sensible chuckle. 👍

Yes. I saw that in the article. Anyway whoever made the mistake is affluent as I cant see why you need 10K in Disney park gift cards unless inflation has taken the ticket rates to crazy level(I have not gone to one in past 8 years).

Less than 24 hours later, Coston updated her followers in a new TikTok video, revealing that someone at Disney reached out to help them by “turning the $10,000 of Disney streaming gift cards into $10,000 of Disney Parks gift cards.”

“I’m glad that this is resolved. I hate that this is what it took. I really hope this doesn’t happen to other people,” Coston said.

Will add though that while the $10,000 bit is a bit "huh???" do think this part of the story rings true for more than many folks would like to admit:

Andie clarified the mix-up happened in part because her parents don't use streaming services and were unaware that there was a difference. "It was a honest mistake," she noted.

I mean, you're in a grocery store or somewhere else it can be a little confusing as to what covers exactly what.  I'm pretty hip on the differences between various things and even I have to stop and read the ultra ultra fine print occasionally just to make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.  

I once got caught out on that a gift card had to be redeemed at a third party e-store first instead of the shops advertised on the front of the label.  Worked out in the end, but it wasn't exactly as clear as the advertising on the labels implied it to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Yes. I saw that in the article. Anyway whoever made the mistake is affluent as I cant see why you need 10K in Disney park gift cards unless inflation has taken the ticket rates to crazy level(I have not gone to one in past 8 years).

Plausibly taking advantage of points/membership deals where one spends x amount of money they occur points which can be redeemed later for gas, groceries, whatever.  I've got a couple of those myself where if I spend $100 at a grocery store, I accumulate $1 in future savings (as well as other things like discounted gas if I spend x amount at once).  Often will buy Amazon Gift cards at 100 to 200 dollars a pop, especially if they have a points multiplier deal going on.  Those dollars can add up, especially during holiday seasons/birthdays/other celebrations.

Modern form of coupon cutting, really.

Could have been a similar credit card deal as well.  Or the parents just were weird that way.  In a country of over 330m people it really does take all kinds.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Macleod said:

Mickey Mouse, Long a Symbol in Copyright Wars, to Enter Public Domain: ‘It’s Finally Happening’

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/mickey-mouse-public-domain-disney-copyright-lawsuits-1235844322/

Can't wait to get my steamboat fanfictions published. Gonna make allllllllll the money.

On 12/20/2023 at 8:27 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I cant see why you need 10K in Disney park gift cards unless inflation has taken the ticket rates to crazy level(I have not gone to one in past 8 years).

As someone who still vaguely follows Parks news;

It has. Especially if you actually want to ride an E-Ticket (top tier) attraction (ride), you either wait forever or pay for Genie (+?)

• Like 1