CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

I'm in my seat about to see this.. very excited.

On a side note a Baywatch trailer just played and there is a weird scene at the end of the trailer where they clearly used a green screen for the beach and it looked terrible.. :winomg::wintf:

Anyways, i'm praying that Kong is good!

Edited by Lavochkin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

I don't care for Stuckmann because he barely scratches the surface of the films he reviews. I enjoy watching videos by Pewdiepie (sometimes) or Markiplier, and they make plenty of money just by playing video games. They're also very popular YouTubers.

But then again, maybe expecting a thorough review from a YouTuber is like expecting a gourmet meal from a fast food restaurant...

How do these people make money? Just from the ads?

8 minutes ago, zackzack said:

How do these people make money? Just from the ads?

Ad revenue, they sell their own merchandise, and other things.

It helps that some YouTubers generate millions of views with just one video.

I stick with the Collider crew. They do a non spoiler review before the movie comes out and they do a good job talking about the things they liked/disliked about it with out getting too specific so as not to give anything away. 

After the movie comes out they'll do a spoiler review where they really dive into specifics. 

I enjoy them and  it works for me personally. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Its pure jealousy. I like the YouTube reviewers. It reminds me of when I was a kid watching Siskel/Ebert.

I don't get it. If you don't like 'them?'

Dont watch them? Easy concept.

Problem is they're not real film critics with an education. They're geek critics and they talk like it. You can tell theyre faking it. Most of them anyhow. 

13 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I stick with the Collider crew. They do a non spoiler review before the movie comes out and they do a good job talking about the things they liked/disliked about it with out getting too specific so as not to give anything away. 

After the movie comes out they'll do a spoiler review where they really dive into specifics. 

I enjoy them and  it works for me personally. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExTt4j69zI

Hahaha I've always thought that the "Disney paying certain critics off" theory is crazy but it is odd how big a difference the reviews from RT are compared to the top YouTube guys.

Dunno if I can recall another example. RT is rating this in the same range as JW which is what I expected. 

Granted I haven't seen the film yet so I could very well be majorly letdown (probably tomm or Friday) but I hope to fall into the positive side. Just want dumb fun.

Disclaimer: I still don't believe that theory either.