CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

7 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

No thank you, I don't want shrimpy Kong beating Godzilla.

If you actually watched Kong: Skull Island you would know:

Spoiler

It is flat out stated, "Kong is still growing, and you better hope he does." The movie is set in 1973, Gvs.KK will be almost 50 years later. Kong will be his size.

• Like 5

I got stuck at work late so my wife is taking her parents and ours kids to see this ( my wife and I already saw it Saturday).  The theatre is pretty much sold out which isn't a surprise as it's March break here and kids are off school and it's cheap movie night. 

Very mediocre, even boring at times. Liked the horror vibe of Godzilla more, even though the human cast in Kong is much better than that in Godzilla. It has great CGI but  an awlful music score.   

Kong- 5,5/10

Godzilla- 6/10

• Like 2

Creatures are really awesome but the cast is bland af in particular MCU contingent. Hiddleston and Larson got completely swallowed by the jungle, SFX and Reily's scenery chewing which kind of proves that Hiddleston only works when he's the sole ham (Loki). 

• Like 1

Seeing it again tonight, this time for a standard showing. A friend who works at the Marquee Cinemas near me said that last night's 3D screenings were sold out (along with Get Out). Would have loved to be there with that crowd!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Creatures are really awesome but the cast is bland af in particular MCU contingent. Hiddleston and Larson got completely swallowed by the jungle, SFX and Reily's scenery chewing which kind of proves that Hiddleston only works when he's the sole ham (Loki). 

I assume you meant blockbusters? Because he really good in Only Lovers Left Alive. And, honestly, pretty damn good in High Rise and The Night Manager as well. Not great but perfectly fine Crimson Peak too. And, his bit in Midnight in Paris is fine too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I assume you meant blockbusters? Because he really good in Only Lovers Left Alive. And, honestly, pretty damn good in High Rise and The Night Manager as well. Not great but perfectly fine Crimson Peak too. And, his bit in Midnight in Paris is fine too.

Yes, I think he's Colin Farrell type. Effective in villain roles or at least non-hero roles in smaller quirky movie. Ineffective as a traditional hero in a big movie. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

If you actually watched Kong: Skull Island you would know:

Hide contents

It is flat out stated, "Kong is still growing, and you better hope he does." The movie is set in 1973, Gvs.KK will be almost 50 years later. Kong will be his size.

Not quite, but Kong won't be a dwarf to him lol

On 3/14/2017 at 7:19 AM, kaijukurt said:

Speculation is nice and all, but honestly Im not expecting solo outings featuring the likes of them. 

But if the stars aligned for them to be made thatd be great obviously. :P

It could happen kaji king buddy. There are folks who once thought  solo ironman, Hancock, and that lil funny red ninja guy that blew up the box office wouldn't happen or make cheddar either. If the USA version of Godzilla's buddies excite fans, Rodan and others will get their own solo films indeed. In fact both studios have expressed a monster universe that's expansive like marvel. Godzilla, Kong...Hmm Rodan next???

• Like 2