CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

2 hours ago, babz06 said:

They could easily move Power Rangers or another big movie to August. I mean the biggest films in  that month are currently  Annabelle 2 and Emoji Movie.

Ooh, I forgot that Pitch Perfect 3 had moved to...December, alright. 

& honestly King Arthur was doomed no matter how you slice it, but I do hope it succeeds so WB can mayyyybe greenlight the Ritchie sequel we really want

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Daniel Craig wishes he weren't Bond so Hiddles may yet get his chance.

I read somewhere that apparently he's backtracking on that. Sorry, no source, just remember reading it.

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

Ooh, I forgot that Pitch Perfect 3 had moved to...December, alright. 

& honestly King Arthur was doomed no matter how you slice it, but I do hope it succeeds so WB can mayyyybe greenlight the Ritchie sequel we really want

I thought Sherlock Holmes 3 was confirmed.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I read somewhere that apparently he's backtracking on that. Sorry, no source, just remember reading it.

He very well could be. I read that the studio(s) offered him an insane, Downey-esque amount of money to do another film. It might be enough to talk him out of slitting his wrists. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Morieris said:

If you want Sherlock Holmes 3 the opposite has to happen, otherwise we'd just get King Arthur sequels.

Also hope it fails so my club can succeed.

• Like 1

I just watched Kong 2005 and i swear Kong looked better in that than he does in this trailer, although i suppose the cgi may not be final.

Also i haven't been following this film so i'm guessing the reason why Kong is so ridiculously big in this is because they are going to be doing some kind of Godzilla vs King Kong movie in the future?.

Edited by stuart360

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

I just watched Kong 2005 and i swear Kong looked better in that than he does in this trailer, although i suppose the cgi may not be final.

Also i haven't been following this film so i'm guessing the reason why Kong is so ridiculously big in this is because they are going to be doing some kind of Godzilla vs King Kong movie in the future?.

You're kidding? Really?

On 01/01/2017 at 2:44 PM, marveldcfox said:

This is my most anticipated movie of March, but I think people aren't as hyped for it as rest of the movies releasing that month. I can see this underperforming big-time. 50/150 won't surprise me.

50/150 would be underperforming for this?, how much do people think this is going to make lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

i'm guessing the reason why Kong is so ridiculously big in this is because they are going to be doing some kind of Godzilla vs King Kong movie in the future?.

Last I checked, Yep.

Edited by Morieris

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

The CGI probably isn't final. One of the complaints people had for the second trailer for Godzilla (2014) was that the CGI looked a little shoddy. In actuality, it wasn't finished. So that's probably why the CGI in the November trailer looks unfinished....because it is.

And yeah, the idea is to pit Kong against Godzilla in a 2020 crossover film.

• Like 1

I never expected it to make more than Godzilla domestically. King Kong has a beat up franchise that is mostly renowned for three films, all of which have the same plot and conclusion. How many times does a movie need to be remade?

Godzilla has never had that problem. It's easier to get excited for a new Godzilla film because he wasn't taken out of his natural habitat and killed like a wild animal in multiple films.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1