CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

What I got from his statement is that he is proud that he entertained doctors and nurses overseas. Did it sound self-indulgent? Somewhat, but I don't think he meant for it to be construed as such.

I agree that it could have been worded more elegantly. But everyone who freaked out about it needs to get a grip.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, stuart360 said:

Well i don't know, is it common knowledge or something?. Like i said i haven't been following this film at all.

Yeah, it was common knowledge and painfully obvious from day one.

I am curious as to what they come up with to make an Island with giant monsters existing undiscovered in the 21st Century believable. I have no doubt the writers realized this, just curioius as ot how they will get around it.

Edited by dudalb

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, it was common knowledge and painfully obvious from day one.

I am curious as to what they come up with to make an Island with giant monsters existing undiscovered in the 21st Century believable. I have no doubt the writers realized this, just curioius as ot how they will get around it.

Well, that's because it takes place in the 1970's (the 20th century). The 70's were a period when some areas of the world were still unknown. LANDSAT was first introduced in the early 1970's, and Jordan Vogt-Roberts took advantage of that information. Source.

2 minutes ago, Durden said:

:jeb!: 

I love how their prediction is pretty much based off "the director is risky!" Yeah, forget about mentioning the low buzz online, let's instead worry about the movie's quality!

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Well, that's because it takes place in the 1970's (the 20th century). The 70's were a period when some areas of the world were still unknown. LANDSAT was first introduced in the early 1970's, and Jordan Vogt-Roberts took advantage of that information. Source.

Still islands out there we still don't know anything about, even with all our tech.

• Like 1

That $40M/$100M projection seems awfully low. I'm hoping this is more of a hit than that. I have mixed feelings about it at the moment, personally, but it does intrigue me and I love John Goodman so I'm there!