CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

My dad will never see a movie in a theater again. :sadben:

It's ok. I need to be focusing on seeing movies (La La Land) with a soulmate. :depp:

So also never? 

:P

• Like 1

On January 18, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Morieris said:

I'm surprised no one (or I just haven't seen it) has worked on a Lovecraftian Cinematic Universe. Remove the worst of it, I'd watch it.

On January 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM, RandomJC said:

I'd imagine because Lovecraft is difficult to film, since it's base is in the unknowable, the unimaginable, and the racist.

I suppose you could consider the Stuart Gordon Lovecraft Trilogy a vague cinematic universe, though two take place in "modern times" (aka, the 1980s and 90s). They're loose adaptations, but if you're in the right frame of mind, they're a lot of fun. (Gordon, of course, tends to have quite a bit of dark humor in his movies, and his low-budget horror stuff tends to be a bit campy as well).

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I suppose you could consider the Stuart Gordon Lovecraft Trilogy a vague cinematic universe, though two take place in "modern times" (aka, the 1980s and 90s). They're loose adaptations, but if you're in the right frame of mind, they're a lot of fun. (Gordon, of course, tends to have quite a bit of dark humor in his movies, and his low-budget horror stuff tends to be a bit campy as well).

I am a fan of Re-Animator. Wasn't aware he made other adaptations.

I also enjoyed the Dunwhich Horror with Dean Stockwell, even if it's a bit creaky.

3 minutes ago, Cookson said:

There's nothing out there that says it's 190. Just rumors. I've heard 160... 130. We don't know and it doesn't sound like we will.

Agreed. I remember when Wikipedia had the budget for Godzilla listed as a big fat $205 million. That amount was about $45 million beyond the actual production budget.

But I could totally see this movie's budget being $190 million. The Legend of Tarzan had a similar budget, and there was a heavy dosage of CGI action in it.

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

At least the TV spots are great.

Nothing about the TV spots scream "bad"... As long as WB and LP do a good job with advertising and promoting, this should easily open better than that 35m prediction.

They already have merchandise at Walmart's(toys, shirts and posters)... So it's definitely begun. 

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1