baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Dat Godzilla number :mouthdropped:Many other movies hold great too, which is awesome. Poor Spidey though. That drop would give it the worst 3rd weekend drop of any superheroes movies opening in first week of May iirc. Still, that's better than the early numbers that indicated an even bigger drop so there's that.

• Like 2

I haven't followed it's run recently - is 200m in doubt now? That would be really funny.

Well its heading for another 50%+ drop and bound to be at another 50% next weekend against xmen

• Like 1

TASM2 is heading for 195-205 it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony fudged it on 22 Jump Street's OW just to be sure it crawls past 200.

Everyone book them TASM2/22 Jump Street double features at the local drive in.
  • Like 1

Well its heading for another 50%+ drop and bound to be at another 50% next weekend against xmen

The 3-day drop next weekend for Spidey would very well be over 50% (IM3 dropped 46% for example) but the memorial Day will help soften the 4-day drop.
  • Like 1

I don't see how Sony will let it miss 200. The long weekend should at least help then summer weekdays are coming up soon and even if it has to crawl to the number it will get there.

• Like 3

I don't see how Sony will let it miss 200. The long weekend should at least help then summer weekdays are coming up soon and even if it has to crawl to the number it will get there.

Seems like the question of the day is whether it'll make it pass TDW. Spidey has summer weekdays coming up while TDW got Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays boost.

The folks over at the studio for PACIFIC RIM are crying right now at this announcement.. :lol:

You mean the exact same folks from the exact same studio that produce both movies, Legendary Pictures/WB. Yeah right, they got to be bawling their new product is raking the dough atm... Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 7

Yaaas Godzilla slaying. Only the true queen of monsters.ASM2 crawling to $200m is pretty bad. Thor 2 had a really soft Thanksgiving weekend, but I just don't see less than a 35% drop for the 3-day with two movies in direct competition.

Edited by cory