Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

i don't get the Maleficient hate. no, it's not a Good Movie, but it looks like it's satisfying its target audience, what more can you ask from a film? i get that some people are disappointed with the EOT numbers, but that's WB's fault not Maleficient.

.......So that means we shouldn't hate on it........why?

i don't get the Maleficient hate. no, it's not a Good Movie, but it looks like it's satisfying its target audience, what more can you ask from a film? i get that some people are disappointed with the EOT numbers, but that's WB's fault not Maleficient.

Well, the audience picked familiarity over originality (or rather, a tested brand over something new). So it's not all WB's fault.

• Like 1

Well, the audience picked familiarity over originality (or rather, a tested brand over something new). So it's not all WB's fault.

it didn't simply choose familiarity over originality(EOT isn't original content either btw), it's choosing a film with a clear hook(come see Angie dressed as Maleficient) over a film that's presented as another generic action/SciFi Cruise movie, and i say that as someone who liked EOT and isn't planning to watch Mal.

• Like 1

Maleficent in 2D is doing very well over here during today. It promises to stop at night as people are running to the 6 PM shows to avoid the 3D. They should just cancel 3D releases all together over here.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

Actually, yes. I'm dying to know how Dumb and Dumber is homophobic.

All the scenes hinting at anything homosexual felt really wrong to me. Like the very odd "You'd like that, you big homo" bit or the thing where the guy was about to fuck Jim Carrey in the ass. 

Edited by Jack Nevada hates movies

It's WB's fault for piss poor marketing of EOT don't blame Disney or Maleficent. 

• Like 8

So you'd rather see a mediocre film beating a great film only because the former has female lead and latter one doesn't?

After Gravity, Frozen and Hunger Game you people are still acting as if Female-centric movies hasn't dominated Box Office lately. What more do you want? Why can't people just root for good movies instead of giving movies with 'girl-power' a free pass?

Feminism sucks.

I was beginning to agree with this until that last line jumps into moronic territory.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I think WB did a solid job marketing EoT in the final weeks. The first trailers were iffy, but they corrected that when it mattered.

The problem is that it opened immediately after four other big action movies earned ~$200m or more each within the last two months. Audiences aren't in the mood for action movies anymore--as evidenced by the fact that one of those movies isn't legging out very well despite strong WOM (X-Men).

That, plus Cruise's declining drawing power (:()and a very generic title.

• Like 6