CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

I love Sonic you know, starting to play it when I was 6 during his golden age.

I didn't care much about the movie beause we know how crappy videogame adaptations are, I didn't want to have any illusion so I didn't give it a close look but now that I know it's pretty good I decided to watch it, probably this weekend :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I love Sonic you know, starting to play it when I was 6 during his golden age.

I didn't care much about the movie beause we know how crappy videogame adaptations are, I didn't want to have any illusion so I didn't give it a close look but now that I know it's pretty good I decided to watch it, probably this weekend :)

Movie is very good. You'll probably enjoy it. ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Watcher said:

You guys are greatly under-estimating Sonic's brand power.

No, no - I hate ALL games! The bigger they are - the more I hate them.

So if Sonic is indeed some washed up lame has been - thеn I don't hate him that much... :)

I like that all videogame movies flop - and would like to keep it that way. I believe no videogame movies should be made. There are more than enough actual forms of art (which games are NOT) that could be used for adaptation. No need to go straight for the lowest kind: games and comics (and see where that got us... 😕 ).

Edited by shayhiri

12 hours ago, shayhiri said:

No, no - I hate ALL games! The bigger they are - the more I hate them.

So if Sonic is indeed some washed up lame has been - thеn I don't hate him that much... :)

I like that all videogame movies flop - and would like to keep it that way. I believe no videogame movies should be made. There are more than enough actual forms of art (which games are NOT) that could be used for adaptation. No need to go straight for the lowest kind: games and comics (and see where that got us... 😕 ).

Your hatred only fuels more video game movie deserved success. So keep going, please. :D

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Your hatred only fuels more video game movie deserved success. So keep going, please. :D

Only it doesn't.

I watch such movies (because I watch everything) and sometimes even enjoy them - as I might enjoy this stupid flick for Carrie alone (just going out now to see it).

But they always flop - and will keep disappointing - because you obviously can't have a good movie from a shitty source. Also, hardcore gamers hate art and everything - so they are definitely not a good core public for a movie project. Hope studios finally realise it - and stop trying to make game-movies happen. They will never happen.

52 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Only it doesn't.

I watch such movies (because I watch everything) and sometimes even enjoy them - as I might enjoy this stupid flick for Carrie alone (just going out now to see it).

But they always flop - and will keep disappointing - because you obviously can't have a good movie from a shitty source. Also, hardcore gamers hate art and everything - so they are definitely not a good core public for a movie project. Hope studios finally realise it - and stop trying to make game-movies happen. They will never happen.

So edgy you could make a knife. :hahaha:

Much needed good news for Paramount.

SOme in the industry say that Paramount has not really been the same sincd 2004, when Sherry Lansing retired as President after 12 years..,,which is quite an achievement, given the high casualty rate of short tenures of studio heads in Hollywood.

Edited by dudalb