Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol

65 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Liked it...a lot. However few things prevented me from loving it. Am being nitpicky but.......thought the run time was a tad too long. The epilogue at the end was unnecessary but linked this movie to the earlier instalments. Didn't like this version of the mission impossible theme. Would have loved to see this movie in the IMAX format but is not available in my area. All in all excellent and entertaining movie. As most reviewers have alluded to, the Burj scenes were indeed exhilarating. Can I go to Dubai now?!So apart from the reasons above, thought it was a great movie.

The epilogue at the end was unnecessary but linked this movie to the earlier instalments.

I think the purpose of the epilogue was also to set up the idea that this particular team would be the team for potential future installments as oppose to just switching it up again like they've normally done.

Fantastic movie. Loved the opening credits showing select shots from the movie (they hadn't done that since the first MI), the call back to the original series at the end and just the all around action was intense. Good choice bringing in Bird and hopefully he, as well as the rest of the cast, come back as well as they had great chemistry.

4.5/5

From my crowd report,This film was stunning. It's the best big budget action film I've seen this year and probably one of the most exciting action films I've seen ever seen. Of course the plot is complicated and confusing and a little cheesy but that's besides the point, and in fact I think it was crafted that way purposely. This is all about Tom Cruise & company doing insane stunts and kicking ass. Tom Cruise is officially BACK. This film has a ton of those wide aerial shots and in this screen in particular you really do feel like you're flying through the air looking over Budapest, Moscow, Dubai etc. It's really breathtaking. That scene where he scales the building in Dubai was, wow, a nail-biter. It's so impressive that Cruise did part of this stunt himself. The supporting cast all was great- Simon Pegg provided the comic relief, the girl was the sexy femme fatale, and best of all was Jeremy Renner who is right on the brink of greatness. It's cool to see Mikael Blomqvist from the original GWTDT in a Hollywood film but also a little sad that he has to play the stereotypical evil European. My only complaint is the very last scene, which was horrible and kind of took the air out of the film, but otherwise this was a relentless sensory assault that doesn't quit and it's a damn good time at the theater. If you're a fan of these kinds of heart pumping action flicks, then go see this, and see it in IMAX.A/A-Also- side note, it's not even necessary to see previous installments in the series. I've seen MI1 a million times but only seen bits and pieces of MI2 and MI3 and did not feel worse off for it.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM
  • Like 1

This is up there with Transformers 3 as the best IMAX film I've ever seen. The action is just ridiculously awesome. And that is really Cruise up there doing the stunts. You can go to youtube and find the footage of him doing it. Simply breathtaking. Paula Patton has been one of my wet dreams since Deja Vu and she is simply stunning in this film. Sleek, limber, beautiful and a lethal killing machine. I do have a small problem with how these guys know where to go, how to get there and what exactly they are looking for every sinlge time, but I guess that's part of the alure of the Mission Impossible films.8.5/10

AMay be the second best movie in the series. The Dubai hotel sequence was great in IMAX!!Hope that a fifth does indeed happen with Luthor back in an active capacity. We can take him not being in it as he wasn't part of the rescue team and thus not able to be in the loop for Hunt due to being disavowed and in hiding or laying low.

Cant wait to see this.We dont get until january...

I stayed for the credits to see the location shots, and they had units for Prague, Russia, Dubai and India!And the humor was actually funny, from all of them. From the banter between Brandt, Ethan and Benji, to Jane having to deal with the playboy!

I have never seen any of the previous Mission Impossible films besides this one, so I went into the film knowing very little to nothing about the series. I was pleasantly surprised, as the film blew me away. This is easily one of the best action films in years. It's absolutely exhilarating (the Burj Khalifa scene was stunning), endlessly entertaining, and smart without being too self-serious. A great and smooth transition from animation to live-action for Brad Bird. Very well done. One of my favorites of the year.

A

• Like 1