CJohn

The Croods: A New Age | Nov 25, 2020 | RIP Cloris Leachman

Dreamworks is announcing a lot of sequels today, not surprising, given how unsuccessful the majority of their original movies seem to be now.

The first Croods was pretty good, and the end was basically a set-up for sequels.

The first one was announced in 2005, but had numerous delays, Emma started doing the voice work in 2010 and it wasn't released until 2013. Amazing how long it takes these movies to get made.

Well, Disney had been trying to get a movie made about the Snow Queen for 70 years. That has to be some kind of record. :blink:

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2013/10/18/countdown-to-disney-quot-frozen-quot-how-one-simple-suggestion-broke-the-ice-on-the-quot-snow-queen-quot-s-decades-long-story-problems.aspx

Dreamworks is announcing a lot of sequels today, not surprising, given how unsuccessful the majority of their original movies seem to be now.

The first Croods was pretty good, and the end was basically a set-up for sequels.

I liked the open-ended ending though, but I guess that leaves room for more. esp with developing romance of the daughter.

I liked the open-ended ending though, but I guess that leaves room for more. esp with developing romance of the daughter.

Well this is dreamworks for you, so you really shouldn't be surprised that their doing a sequel to a hit film.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I think I am the only one here who didn't like The Croods.

That was the last Hollywood animated movie I watched, and I watched it only because I thought Chris Sanders would create pretty interesting designs for the creatures that starred in the movie. I was disappointed about that. I didn't expect anything good about the story, though.

Walt Disney wanted to do John Carter before Snow White originally.....