pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

I agree the effects if you watch up close to the screen are a bit noticeable..

However as I told you action is not simply visuals and action.

It is the purpose of the action and the characters interacting with the action

See the Riders of Rohan going towards likely death screaming in defiance Death, is just so emotional. Then you have the action scene after.

So the action scene has a clear purpose behind it now. 

These days its just explosion, explosion, explosion... 

• Like 2

Nope it won't I see 700M with china, it will drop harder than DoS and AUJ. You are overestimating it like hell.

You are underpredicting it, in fact that BOFA grossed already 26.6mln in first two early days overseas (Europe), higher than DOS and AUJ despite exchange rates and dollar. We will see later. It will depend on china numbers.

I think this will be lot more frontloaded than previous films. That is inevitable being a finale plus seeing wider openings in most markets. I doubt this one will come close to 750m despite china providing 30-40m increase. Its likely to drop in several markets as well with dollar being uber strong. 700m OS is the good target for this.

• Like 1

I think this will be lot more frontloaded than previous films. That is inevitable being a finale plus seeing wider openings in most markets. I doubt this one will come close to 750m despite china providing 30-40m increase. Its likely to drop in several markets as well with dollar being uber strong. 700m OS is the good target for this.

Holidays can give it legs despite fan rushing 

• Like 3

more saturated release and nothing about its WOM so far seems out of the world. So its likely to have worse legs.

Not really, imho, this will give a very respectable boost from AUJ because of finale factor. It will have better legs.

The second one opened in more countries. Only counting Italy, Spain and Argentina you have $13.4m and The Final Chapter didn't open there yet

Anyone having a list of markets to compare Hobbit 3 launch with Hobbit 2?

Basically, it did open to about the same number then, i guess.