pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

:rofl: The main theatre chain here now completely pulled out Exodus from the schedule to make room for TH. It's a scheduling nightmare, because Exodus opened on the other smaller chains, but considering the main one owns about 75% of the market, the movie will likely suffer a slow death. 

I realy wished you lived in the USA, cause that would happen in USA we would be talking about a 300M opening :D

Edited by pepsa

The main theatre chain here now completely pulled out Exodus from the schedule to make room for TH. It's a scheduling nightmare, because Exodus opened on the other smaller chains, but considering the main one owns about 75% of the market, the movie will likely suffer a slow death. 

I love Romanians!!!

:wub:

well Exodus will be safe

it has a prime time of the year release here (I wish BofA had)

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies took home #1 openings in all of its 17 new markets. The film finished Thursday with $13.7 million from 28 overseas markets and is currently reporting a $26.6 million cume outside of North America.

The film scored the biggest opening of all time for a Warner Bros. release in Russia, hauling in $2.5 million from 2,285 screens. The Brazilian debut accounted for $1.3 million from 1,037 -a figure that goes up to $1.8 million after including previews. Mexico brought in $1.1 million from approximately 2,775 screens -not a bad figure considering the first leg of the country's soccer league final was broadcast on Wednesday night. Five Armies is already tracking 39% higher than Desolation of Smaug in Mexico. The film recorded the biggest opening day of the year in New Zealand with $529k. Eastern Europe rounds out new openings with a collective $1.5 million haul from 9 markets.

Second day results continue to bring good news as well. Germany added another $2.1 million from 1,442 screens to reach a $5.3 million two-day total. France brought in $1.5 million from 914 screens to reach a two-day total of $4.2 million.

• Like 4

BOFA has already grossed 26.6mln overseas in two early days. This will be good news for BOFA hitting a billion since its about 4 percent higher than AUJ and about 50 percent higher than DOS. This could reach 750 OS, i think. BO is predicting 305mln domestic.

Very interesting numbers.

305/750/1,055

• Like 1

I really don't know how much the weaker Euro and ruble will hurt, but it might happen that even a 10% plus in admissions results in less US$. (The reverse happened with the last part of LotR; RotK had impressive OS numbers thanks to the weak US$)

In fact FOTR sold more admissions than ROTK in several European countries. Exchange rates hurted FOTR (and other 2001-2002 releases) a lot if we compare with the upcoming years..

Dont think so, it will make much more than desolation.

it may outgross DOS in local currency but in $ - much less (i.e. MJ1 outgrossed CF here but in $ it fell hard)

BotFA can gross even less than 30 mil so I'm just preparing people not to expect anything close to DOS (45)

its up to China to compensate

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1