Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

There'll be press releases next week from DWA. Expect a lot of job cuts. Someone has to pay for this dismal opening.

They should do a joint press release with WB.

• Like 1

Well An do, Rth is usually pretty good with extrapolations. So there's obviously a chance it goes up but in RTH we trust.

• Like 1

What happened to DWA? Is the competition from all of the other computer animation studios oversaturating the market or has DWA just been putting out bad movies in recent years? They used to be Disney's toughest competition.

I think the over saturation of CG films but DWA themselves have this strategy of three films a year and thats too much plus they spend too much on each film and expect it to be huge. I also think they've not adapted to the competition whereas Disney have mixed things up and have succeeded.
  • Like 1

I don't know if anyone has realised but if Maleficent maintains an average 42% drop throughout this week, it will have earned $29.4M during its third week and $175M by Thursday, making it practiaclly impossible to miss the $200M mark by the end of its run. That essentially means it will end up higher than TASM 2 and Godzilla. If it continues to have strong holds it can even surpass X-Men: DofP which is headed for around $220-225M.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

There is no way that rth number of 16-18 is correct.  Last night at 11 p.m they were saying a Friday of 17 for Dragon and it ended up at 18.5 - I expect Dragon to get to 20 today and to have a solid Father's Day.

The 5 Stages of Grief

[*]

[*]Denial

[*]

[*]Anger

[*]

[*]Bargaining

[*]

[*]Depression

[*]

[*]Acceptance

[*]

• Like 3

Quick, who is playing Seth Rogen and James Franco in Jesus of Suburbia's This is the End of Box Office Forums?? I think we have a good set up for our own THE INTERVIEW

Actually I think he looks like Billy Corrigan of Smashing Pumpkins
  • Like 1

18m Sat would be a 9% bump from non-preview Fri, same as Madagascar 3. Pixar movies go down a bit. So in line with June animations.  KFP1 back in June 2008 was +11% even as a non-sequel.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

I don't know if anyone has realised but if Maleficent maintains an average 42% drop throughout this week, it will have earned $29.4M during its third week and $175M by Thursday, making it practiaclly impossible to miss the $200M mark by the end of its run. That essentially means it will end up higher than TASM 2 and Godzilla. If it continues to have strong holds it can even surpass X-Men: DofP which is headed for around $220-225M.

DAT family audience! Or is it DAT Frozen audience? :o

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1