CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

On 2/13/2018 at 4:05 PM, Trolltastic Tele said:

Y’all forgetting why they call them “test screenings”?

They aren’t the movie you’re going to see. Just chill and relax. 

Folks really not interested in the process of these things getting made, just wanna know how they should feel asap

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Not watching any trailers for this voluntarily, want to go in as fresh as possible

Of course Fox will probably force a trailer in front of Deadpool 2 or something and I’ll end up watching it anyway

When you think that's the trailer, then just quickly leave the theater, sit outside, then go back in 2.5 minutes later. #lifehack

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

When you think that's the trailer, then just quickly leave the theater, sit outside, then go back in 2.5 minutes later. #lifehack

but what if Shane Black disguises it as a trailer for a romantic comedy until the title reveal and then by that point it’s too late

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2018 at 9:31 PM, Trolltastic Tele said:

No, not at all. Because that's assuming this is the absolute best version that they have (or near-best). But test screenings are literally that -- tests to see how stuff plays with an audience. There's this intangible feeling you get when you watch an audience watch a movie that's completely different from when you're working on it yourself. (Even putting aside the fact that you're super familiar with the material and they're not).

I've worked on moments that feel like they work great in the edit bay and when you screen them for an audience (even just a handful of people), suddenly flaws leap out at you. You can viscerally feel the wrongness. And the opposite can be true also: you think something kinda sucks but somehow it plays great for them.

Test screenings are a really great tool for filmmakers, they are a wonderful way to make a movie better (even if it's already good), and we as fans don't do anyone any favors by trying to insert our opinion about them. 

I should have used this when i was in school. "Professor the test actually reflects on how you taught. So that F I got is pretty much saying you failed a teaching" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's Shane Black lol. What'd you expect 

I expected Predator, you know, what's in the title. Plus he had a hand in the original.

Now, the person that wrote that might be exaggerating slightly since other reactions don't quite confirm that...

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I expected Predator, you know, what's in the title. Plus he had a hand in the original.

Now, the person that wrote that might be exaggerating slightly since other reactions don't quite confirm that...

Shane Black is a comedic genius I expect and hope this is funny 

• Like 1