CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

It's Shane Black, so yes.

I wish Shane Black would do his Doc Savage movie.

For something Black says is his dream project, (He is a huge Doc Savage fan) he is taking a long time getting around to  actually making this film.....

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

Y’all forgetting why they call them “test screenings”?

They aren’t the movie you’re going to see. Just chill and relax. 

People confuse "Test Screenings" with "Preview Screenings"all the time.

14 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Y’all forgetting why they call them “test screenings”?

They aren’t the movie you’re going to see. Just chill and relax. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Test screenings vary wildly, and they shouldn't be used a gauge for how a film be, especially when those test-screenings might be done prior to reshoots. I mean the first reports of Wonder Woman said it wasn't testing well. Hold your horses people, anything can change. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Man....if I reveal anything, it will go into spoiler territory. The whole plot and things certain characters do...will piss off hardcore Predator fans and even casuals might roll their eyes. 

Oh and I think one of the human lead characters will be completely deleted from the movie OR replaced by someone else in the reshoots...not 100% sure whether it's this project or a different fox project...depends on how much cash fox wants to waste. 

Woah. Who could the actor be and why ?

Fox did fine with Kingsman 2 last year. But Alien Covenant 2.0 could happen. But honestly, if good word of mouth and a good trailer maybe audiences will flock in. I’m interested to a certain extent. Fall 2018 looks exciting though! 

September(The Nun, The Predator, Night School)

October(Venom, First Man, Halloween)

8 hours ago, Telehilation said:

People just want a narrative they can attach their own pre-existing sentiments onto. 

What if you had no opinion whatsoever about this new Predator movie before?

And while it may not reflect the quality of the final cut, wouldn't negative test screening (assuming they are negative, I have no idea) be a negative sign? As in, it makes it more likely that the movie is indeed a bomb - even if the opposite could still happen.

8 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

I mean the first reports of Wonder Woman said it wasn't testing well. Hold your horses people, anything can change. 

Not sure what you are referring to, that anonymous letter/blog? Early screenings were very similar to the final version (except VFX).

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

What if you had no opinion whatsoever about this new Predator movie before?

And while it may not reflect the quality of the final cut, wouldn't negative test screening (assuming they are negative, I have no idea) be a negative sign?

No, not at all. Because that's assuming this is the absolute best version that they have (or near-best). But test screenings are literally that -- tests to see how stuff plays with an audience. There's this intangible feeling you get when you watch an audience watch a movie that's completely different from when you're working on it yourself. (Even putting aside the fact that you're super familiar with the material and they're not).

I've worked on moments that feel like they work great in the edit bay and when you screen them for an audience (even just a handful of people), suddenly flaws leap out at you. You can viscerally feel the wrongness. And the opposite can be true also: you think something kinda sucks but somehow it plays great for them.

Test screenings are a really great tool for filmmakers, they are a wonderful way to make a movie better (even if it's already good), and we as fans don't do anyone any favors by trying to insert our opinion about them. 

• Like 2