CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Exactly. The TF movies are a laugh riot.... except when they're trying to be funny.

Which I felt was all the fucking time.  Seriously, how many comic relief characters does each one have?  

The second one had the roommate, the two racist robots, john turturro, the parents, I'm sure Tyrese got in some quips.

• Like 2

BTW, a follow-up on Free Birds: a dissertation on why the time travel in Free Birds makes no sense on a logical level. Spoilers follow untagged.So the plot of the movie is that the turkeys are going back in time in stop Thanksgiving from ever being about eating turkey. This implies the time travel is going to be used to make a parallel, newly dominant universe in which pizza will be the Thanksgiving meal of choice.HOWEVER, this makes no sense. Why? Because the movie reveals that Reggie is the Great Turkey, giving Jake his motivation for the entire movie. Thus, it's a paradox making the movie's version of a timeline fixed.THIS MAKES NO SENSE. If Reggie is the one who caused Jake's motivation, this means that time travel cannot be used to make changes. Yet at the end, we see a universe where we eat pizza on Thanksgiving. These time travel types do not make sense while mixed.There's also the fact there's a scene with four Reggies, all from different portions in time but implied to be the same Reggie. Yet, the one who comes up with the ideas is the earliest Reggie in time, and the other Reggies act surprised at his ideas. How this makes sense, I don't know.Fantastic movie though.

:whatanabe:All this would make a lot more sense if most people here had actually seen Free Birds. :P
  • Like 4

I have returned from my Colorado camping trip, I am happy to see I have 101 notifications here to come back to.Sadly it looks like the last two weeks at the BoxOffice have been terrible.

100 of that is from Blankments.

• Like 1

There's clearly three accounts here (at least) all by the same person, all using different movie character or actor names, a genius disguise.

Mr. Pink, Chewy, and Captain Jack Sparrow are all the same person? :o

• Like 2

Alright, I reserved seats for Transformers: Age of Extinction at the IMAX.

The problem is that it's at 10:25. I'll be Tele's age by the time it's over.

Jesus. I'm going to a 9pm show tonight and I already know I'm going to come out feeling like I was at the bars all night...

• Like 2