Noctis

Friday Estimates: SH2 $15m, Alv $8m, MI4 $4m

This makes me depressed. Further proof that TDK might of not done that well if it came out this year.

Whoa, whoa, wut? SH was OK movie. People liked it. It wasn`t a pehonomenon. TDKR is a sequel on a completely different level. No matter what year it comes out, it`s gonna be gigantic.

Next Wednesday: a sequel probably a lot of people don't care anymore, a family movie based on something almost nobody knows in America and a movie based on a dark/adult book with Daniel Craig...This Christmas will be epic...

SH was good but not a memorable movie so maybe that's why people aren't rushing out to watch the sequel . I think MI:4 is probably taking away a good bit of its viewers too. It is telling that MI:4 may be the bigger storyline this weekend so Is Tom Cruise back?

Edited by TLK

So yeah that's not good for SH2. With MI4's good reviews perhaps it can be the surprise hit this winter. Actually, if Dragon Tattoo's $40 ow tracking is accurate, perhaps that could be the surprise hit of the winter...now that would be a real (but welcome) shocker.

So yeah that's not good for SH2. With MI4's good reviews perhaps it can be the surprise hit this winter. Actually, if Dragon Tattoo's $40 ow tracking is accurate, perhaps that could be the surprise hit of the winter...now that would be a real (but welcome) shocker.

I am not putting any stock in that tracking. RS has been way overpredicting movies this fall/winter. They had NYE at about 40 million and SH2 at 60 million +. They may get Alvin right but it is a kids movie so if tracking is right, it is only by accident.

As I am sure to be in the minority on this, I think Sherlock will have good legs - the audience reaction today was the best I've seen in quite some time (prob since potter for a mixed demographic film) and the clapping was abnormal for my theater, I know its just mine but I think most would agree that its a better film than the first, so hopefully..... cause we need a third one.....

As I am sure to be in the minority on this, I think Sherlock will have good legs - the audience reaction today was the best I've seen in quite some time (prob since potter for a mixed demographic film) and the clapping was abnormal for my theater, I know its just mine but I think most would agree that its a better film than the first, so hopefully..... cause we need a third one.....

Open ending... again. I was expecting that, but I am sick of it.Every blockbuster has one open ending? Why? Why did The Three Musketeers had an open ending, for example? Tron Legacy? Sorcerers Apprentice? Green Lantern? Kung Fu Panda 2? Battle Los Angeles? Real Steel? The Vampire's Assistant? And the list continues... Edited by CJohn

Ha I knew it Ironman 2 all over againBoring marketing with no menacing villain for the hero = less money than the first movie

There's a huge difference between grossing $50M less and $6M less, which is what Iron Man 2 did compared to the first.
  • Like 1

Open ending... again. I was expecting that, but I am sick of it.Every blockbuster has one open ending? Why? Why did The Three Musketeers had an open ending, for example? Tron Legacy? Sorcerers Apprentice? Green Lantern? Kung Fu Panda 2? Battle Los Angeles? Real Steel? The Vampire's Assistant? And the list continues...

Open ending is all on your definition, it was closed - don't want to give away anything but ya