MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

Wow.

I'm sorry, but what was the point of releasing the three openers if all they were going to make was absolutely nothing but whilst doing so, killed all the holdovers?

JC, this summer has been utter shite in terms of BO.

They should have re-marketed and expanded Edge and Dragon 2, pushed Zilla to $200m, something more worthwhile than seeing Echo and Evil combine to make less than Zilla's OD in like their first 10 days.

• Like 1

Huge storm at the moment here and some parts of the east coast.Those increases could get hit.

Ah, more good news.

Why wasn't this summer 2013 is all I ask, for now that I don't really like STID either, the first something like 5-6 weeks were crap.

• Like 1

I just don't think there's enough room for Planes to grow to a $40 million opening. Cars 2 was also coming off of huge DVD sales and vast sums of money from merchandising, and yet even after five years of inflation and Pixar's reputation ascending into the heavens, it only opened about $6 million higher.

July 18 should pose an interesting battle for #1, if nothing else. Planes vs. Sex Tape vs. Purge vs. Apes, Week 2. It doesn't make up for the lack of an enormous tentpole in that slot, but at least it's better than the complete malaise we're looking at right now.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

July 18 should pose an interesting battle for #1, if nothing else. Planes vs. Sex Tape vs. Purge vs. Apes, Week 2. It doesn't make up for the lack of an enormous tentpole in that slot, but at least it's better than the complete malaise we're looking at right now.

They obviously won't, but all 4 of those have the potential to be in the 30-40 range.

Could be a fun weekend.

• Like 1

Hmm, good to hear. Trying to convince the fam to go to it, but the 3 hour runtime is a turnoff

One big plus for TF4 in my book is that it doesn't seem to be as full of rude and crass jokes as the other TF films were.

• Like 2

Ugh, at least watch a decent Bay movie. ;)

TF1 is Bays 2nd best film after The Rock. 

People may crap on TF series now, but it was the film of the year for 2007 for audiences handily with its box office run and mega success home video performance. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

TF1 is Bays 2nd best film after The Rock. People may crap on TF series now, but it was the film of the year for 2007 for audiences handily with its box office run and mega success home video performance.

And TF2 made 400m. Still doesn't mean the movie was any good. I'll take any of Bay's pre-TF movies over the Autobot franchise.
  • Like 2