CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

On 5/22/2016 at 1:08 AM, somebody85 said:

You're not missing much. The best thing to come from it has been the trailer for the original.

The second one was better but it had a low budget feel and this one continues that by this latest trailer.

There's some cool visuals but it's not haunting at all. 

Funny, we have different opinions. :)  I thought the second was much better, mostly because Grillo has a lot of presence.

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Funny, we have different opinions. :)  I thought the second was much better, mostly because Grillo has a lot of presence.

Oh no, the second is a much better movie. They still gave them too low a budget to do something with the idea though which is more interesting then both movies combined. I have a bad feeling that is going to be the case again here.

And he did. The first was a big letdown with very annoying characters like that stupid little boy after amazing trailers and great marketing.

Just not expecting much from this. The premise is haunting, but the movies are not. The empty streets with all these random characters just feels like a movie set not much different then what you see at Halloween Horror Nights (who have done this property multiple times).

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Purge Anarchy was awesome.

For two reasons...it was a fun, action thriller in the vein of Escape From New York, and did it well.

And Grillo is awesome.

Your opinion is better Baumer.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I am probably one of the few who enjoyed the first one as much as the second.

Purge All Hear FTW.

:shades:

Yes, one of the only.

But us Purge fans are rare so I Sya that with respect.

That being said...I don't expect this to top the awesome of Anarachy.

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

This is getting good reviews. Will WOM help this like it helped Anarchy?

Anarchy had an RT score of 56% from critics and 56% from audience members. I don't think it had good WOM perse but more likely that the Purge has its own audience and people are going to watch it because of that. 

Count me in as someone who liked Anarchy better than the first one. I liked the idea of it taking place all in one house but the last half hour really took me out of it. The second one was just balls to the wall action throughout and Grillo was awesome.

Still, I think this series has more potential than what's been delivered on screen. They haven't yet given us a true horror film. I'm excited for Election Year though and I do plan on seeing it in theaters.

• Like 1

On June 27, 2016 at 10:04 PM, somebody85 said:

Oh no, the second is a much better movie. They still gave them too low a budget to do something with the idea though which is more interesting then both movies combined. I have a bad feeling that is going to be the case again here.

And he did. The first was a big letdown with very annoying characters like that stupid little boy after amazing trailers and great marketing.

Just not expecting much from this. The premise is haunting, but the movies are not. The empty streets with all these random characters just feels like a movie set not much different then what you see at Halloween Horror Nights (who have done this property multiple times).

I think the emptier streets are supposed to signify the lack of participation from the majority of citizens. They even say in Anarchy that they aren't killing enough.