Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not that I at all think this will actually pan out, but just for the hell of it if the previews are 15m and you give it the same preview share as Dory, the OW goes 220. :ph34r:

I2 is probably going to tilt younger audience than Dory.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wait, so are you saying you think it could have an even smaller preview share of OD? 

Yes, multiple will probably be smaller, but still looking like a big OW.  Late night shows are selling well given its broad appeal.

Just now, Premium George said:

Are you saying this by looking at some data or just predictions? 

You mean in terms of grosses or demos?  There's no data for grosses (presales are inaccurate, especially lately).  I'm basing the demo off limited data and my impression of the two movies.

1 minute ago, glazers said:

You mean in terms of grosses or demos?  There's no data for grosses (presales are inaccurate, especially lately).  I'm basing the demo off limited data and my impression of the two movies.

Oh...we thought u may have RTH info 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glazers said:

That's neat. You can look at presales numbers too. Right? I think I am being annoying. 

35 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not that I at all think this will actually pan out, but just for the hell of it if the previews are 15m and you give it the same preview share as Dory, the OW goes 220. :ph34r:

Unlikely to happen as this will be more front-loaded than Dory, but I think you already knew that. But putting things in perspective, it's CRAZY. While being a tad more front-loaded than Dory, I think it will have IMMENSE walk-up business especially with the younger ones who, you know, DIDN'T WAIT 14 FREAKING YEARS...... :) I can imagine all the 5- and 6-year-olds yelling "Can we watch that, mommy! Please!" This weekend will be HUGE. $175-$205 million is very much on the table.

Given the demand for the sequel, this should be more front loaded than usual animation fare. I'll be happy if this beats Dory. Also the star wars hate brigade are already joining hands to call this movie a "social justice agenda" again. I hope it doesn't turn people away. 

As I mentioned before, while being a tad more front-loaded than Dory, I think it will have IMMENSE walk-up business especially with the younger ones who, you know, DIDN'T WAIT 14 FREAKING YEARS...... :)  I can imagine all the 5- and 6-year-olds yelling "Can we watch that, mommy! Please!" This weekend will be HUGE. $175-$205 million is very much on the table. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Gosh, EmpireCity really picked a bad month to get himself banned.  I want some preview numbers

I can't remember him ever giving preview numbers the night of previews.  Even Rth has only done it a couple times maybe.

• Thanks 1