Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

52 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

After a viewing, thinking this will tilt slightly older. Nearly loved it don't so @ or hate on me please.

Didn't the first one skew older than usual Pixar fare to begin with? Others seem to be suggesting this is more kid friendly.

• Like 1

going conservative with previews compared to current expectations and guessing 11.1

(+21% over Dory's 9.2)

Dory ow =  14.7 * previews (135.1/9.2)

a more front-loaded I2 could do 11.1 * 13.2 = 146.5 ow ala Gotg2

(was thinking ~140 ow but it does have FD sunday which Dory did not have)

... 146.5 * 3.48 = 510 dom

I hope folks didn't take my comments the wrong way earlier, I did very, very much enjoy Indredibles 2. Just felt it lacked the emotional and thematic potency of the first. But, the action beats are majestic. Making Elastigirl front and center was a stroke of brilliance. The action here upstages all other superhero stuff. It's like the wonderful stuff in Spidey 2 but updated with today's digital wizardry.

• Like 1

I knew $200 million for the weekend was a real possibility but I never guessed it would get so close to $20 million in previews alone! My prediction for the movie is $185 million for the weekend and $702 million total. That weekend figure might actually be TOO LOW. But the domestic total remands to be seen. I think $700 million is definitely on the table right now, but I don't want to say likely until the weekend and next weekend finish. And my extreme prediction was $16 million previews (too low), $79 million Thu/Fri (let's see how this one turns out), $66 million Saturday, $56 million Sunday, and $201 million weekend. Let's see if it can match those  :) 

Great job Panda! I always I had faith in you. Never doubted once! :) 

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE. 

What can I say? I didn't want to get swept up in the hype. It's burned me many times before. But seems pretty clear now that the Incredibles 2 hype wasn't limited to internet Pixar fanboys.

Incredibles 3 is certainly on the docket now.

A random comment about presentation of the film: I think they would've been a lot smarter to put the "Thank you for coming to the movies!" thing after Bao. The ending of Bao was like shockingly affecting to me and to a lot of my audience that to jump right into Incredibles afterwards felt more jarring than the usual Pixar short/film combo. Also, it's dumb to say "HERE IT IS, AFTER FOURTEEN YEARS!!!" and then make your audience wait five more minutes lol

• Like 1

Yeah, they should have. What're ya gonna do.

I kinda like the idea of the snippets, though, especially for animated movies. Good to remind the audience of the people behind the curtain.

Edited by tribefan695