Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

34 minutes ago, Sal said:

Most kids probably get told they can do anything when they grow up.  I always got the message that we jut had to play nice with white folks if we wanted to get by in life. :D  So there's that.  Also when I was small they thought I might have autism or some other learning disorder and my mom decided she'd rather ditch her kid in a park instead of dealing with a potentially special needs kid, so the Jack Jack thing really struck me as the way a lot of parents react to having autistic or special needs kids.  Instead of being like "I'm going to love you because you're my kid" it becomes so centered on the parent needing to find out if their kid is normal/can be normal or not.  That's never a great thing for a kid.

Honestly I feel very sorry for your story and of cource it makes sense why you had some of those thoughts.

But at the same time you probably understand by yourself that you having that type of an uncommon background means that the things you said are hardly noticeable for the majority of the population and that's why the first one is so beloved.

• Like 1

I don't think this will be as acclaimed as the first one, or Coco, etc.

I hope I'm wrong though but having seen the whole plot... while I love it as a fan, I'm not so sure about the critics/naysayers

Which is why I'm just gonna focus on its imminent success and I'm confident that this will be bigger than Dory dom and ww

Edited by Royce

@MrFanaticGuy34 lol if I was wrong, I was wrong. Big deal. 

I don't post that much, and definitely have gone long periods without posting or looking at the BO, so yes, I forget what predictions I've made, and it has no real world consequence anyway. 

Dory and BATB both looked like lousy and were. Yeah, the moviegoing public didn't agree with me, and it sucks because more crap like that have been greenlit, but it doesn't really affect me since I see no returns. I don't like the trend of where Disney has taken the market, and the buying out of Fox etc. and would love for their crap films to not make any money, but if the public, especially the American public wills it so, then those are the consequences that have to be lived with. 

You can call me arrogant or whatever, heck, I might've been riled up in the past, but I don't really care now. Just put me on ignore. 

I think it's honestly kinda weird to be so caught up with the past though of something so inconsequential. It's probably because you're one of those Disney fanboys, but whatever floats your boat. Glad you enjoy their cash grabs even if I don't. 

1 hour ago, Royce said:

I don't think this will be as acclaimed as the first one, or Coco, etc.

I hope I'm wrong though but having seen the whole plot... while I love it as a fan, I'm not so sure about the critics/naysayers

Which is why I'm just gonna focus on its imminent success and I'm confident that this will be bigger than Dory dom and ww

How you see the whole plot? It leaked?

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

How you see the whole plot? It leaked?

Junior novelization books and picture books have been out since May 1 (Many of them are shown/reviewed by people on YouTube)

It's funny cause I also spoiled myself with the Moana, Coco, etc. books before they got released, they don't care

3 hours ago, Sal said:

Syndrome's goal is to make everyone special (which is basically to level the playing field with those born in privilege) but he is ultimately defeated, thus proving the point that you should never aspire to be one of the elite or you will find yourself crushed. 

Syndrome is a psychotic murderer who doesn't actually care about anyone other than himself. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Syndrome is a psychotic murderer who doesn't actually care about anyone other than himself. 

Every time i watch The Incredibles, i am stunned at how many people actually DIE in the movie. So many deaths. And Syndrome is a psychopath like you said - he even enjoys killing and torturing the heroes.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Every time i watch The Incredibles, i am stunned at how many people actually DIE in the movie. So many deaths. And Syndrome is a psychopath like you said - he even enjoys killing and torturing the heroes.

that sequence with all the murdered supers' photos flashing onscreen is so damn chilling. all the more remarkable is that the movie actually coherently switches tones with regards to its violence - Syndrome's goons are 100% cartoonish bad guys with no interior lives and their deaths aren't haunting even in theory, but when it hits, it hits hard. like the aforementioned dead supers scene or Helen on the plane ("Children aboard!" is a punch in the gut no matter how many times I watch the movie). 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Royce said:

Junior novelization books and picture books have been out since May 1 (Many of them are shown/reviewed by people on YouTube)

I glanced through one of them and 

Spoiler

It doesn't seem nearly as adult as the original one, but of course, this is a PICTURE book and I only looked through a few pages.

i don't think incredibles is classist. syndrome's issue is that he cares about being a superhero as a status only. he wants to be a superhero because that seems like a cool thing to do more than any reasons of moral responsibility. it seems weird to call bird's work classist when he followed it up w/ ratatouille which was all about how great artists can literally come from the gutter.

• Like 6

The thing I've found missing from Pixar's 'lesser' efforts is the whole 'it really is a movie for adults that is just disguised as a kids movie'. I mean of course they're aimed at kids also, but the best Pixar films have themes that are very adult. Toy Story 3, Up, Finding Nemo, and especially The Incredibles.

The only thing I'm worried that'll be missing from this is that adult theme. Sure, I don't doubt the movie's going to have tons of jokes aimed at adults, and maybe a few side-themes. But I really do want the main focus of the story to deal with mature themes, as Pixar really is great at doing that. I've avoided all the picture books and stuff so I really have no clue what this is about beyond the trailer, so maybe I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

I glanced through one of them and 

Hide contents

It doesn't seem nearly as adult as the original one, but of course, this is a PICTURE book and I only looked through a few pages.

Spoiler

It's a lot more tame than the original, I read the full novel. They're really going for more GA/mass appeal here.

However, they do flesh out some of the relationships between family members (It's hilarious how Bob and Violet's only interaction in the first movie was the "You're wearing your hair back, it looks good!") :hahaha:

I think it's a pretty necessary sequel. Especially for hardcore fans like myself lol

Edited by Royce

18 minutes ago, Royce said:
  Hide contents

It's not, I read the full novel. They're really going for more GA/mass appeal here.

However, they do flesh out some of the relationships between family members (It's hilarious how Bob and Violet's only interaction in the first movie was the "You're wearing your hair back, it looks good!") :hahaha:

I think it's a pretty necessary sequel. Especially for hardcore fans like myself lol

Damn, that really is all he said to his daughter, isn't it lmao

Spoiler

Ugh, that's kind of a bummer, still looks like at least a fun action flick.

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Not to mention the Supers killed by Edna Mode's capes

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Damn, that really is all he said to his daughter, isn't it lmao

Hide contents

Ugh, that's kind of a bummer, still looks like at least a fun action flick.

Spoiler

Think of it as an animated old James Bond movie, it feels like that. There are no dark deaths or implied deaths of children or anything, it's more of relationships between a husband and wife, the balance of being a parent and having an identity/life, etc.