Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

How did we come from a not locked 100M OW to 130M? :lol: I love these boards. :lol:

Snoopy is trolling. He hates this movie. Have you read any of his other posts. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

If it follows Godzila thursday night to OW. Guardians of the Guardians would crack $110M. Guardians has a great shot at doing that especially when Godzilla was very frontloaded.

I hope to God that Guardians isn't as frontloaded as Godzilla, it also doesn't seem likely, it looks like an absolute crowd pleaser.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

If it has Avengers-level of casual walkup ticket sales later tonight, then probably. 125-130 million is likely with that number though if MoS got 116 million from a 44 million OD in June.And $400 million would become a legitimate possibility (450 million too). Not trying to go crazy, so I'd say a $50 million opening day is doubtful but I've seen crazier box office stories (Blind Side, Frozen, Avatar, Avengers, Gravity, Inception, Finding Nemo, POTC 1, Iron Man, Hangover 1, Wedding Crashers, Passion of the Christ, Shrek 2, Austin Powers 2, Fahrenheit 9/11)

Good God, if this movie beats TDKR the forums would explode.

• Like 2

I hope to God that Guardians isn't as frontloaded as Godzilla, it also doesn't seem likely, it looks like an absolute crowd pleaser.

SOMETHING has to show decent legs this summer!  Why not GOTG???  :D

I saw it last night, and it's hard for me to confidently predict its run.  I could easily see kids/families glomming on to it and making it a $300-million smash... or it could be just a little too weird or too adult for the general family audience, and stumble its way to Godzilla-type legs.  I'd say the former is more likely than the latter, though.  All I can say for sure is that I enjoyed immensely!

• Like 1

I wish GOTG could open above $101M to nullify Paramount's fake Transformers number as the biggest opener during the summer.

To be fair, it was still the highest opening of the summer with its actual 97.5m opening.

• Like 1

And Pratt and Pratt's agent, congrats to them. Lego Movie, ZDT, Her, GotG, and Jurassic World!? What a line of up out of nowhere.

Taylor Kitsch is somewhere in LA like:

Posted Image

Not to mention Lego Movie 2, GotG2, Avengers 3, and any other projects he gets involved in. Plus he's been doing Parks and Rec for a while. He could definitely become a draw at this point
  • Like 1