Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Of course, the 90 second trailer will look good but the movie is 90 minutes long sequence of people floating in space so I don't see how this gains traction with the audience. This isn't going to be another Life Of Pi either as that movie was based on a very popular book and had reasons to do well in the overseas markets.

• Like 1

Of course, the 90 second trailer will look good but the movie is 90 minutes long sequence of people floating in space so I don't see how this gains traction with the audience. This isn't going to be another Life Of Pi either as that movie was based on a very popular book and had reasons to do well in the overseas markets.

The effects, stars, and premise don't need a popular book for the movie to do well. 

The effects, stars, and premise don't need a popular book for the movie to do well. 

Effects and Premise - I agree that effects are awesome but I don't think the premise is that attractive. There will be some curiosity but there is a chance that a movie like this could be really boring.

Stars - They are both big names domestically but I have never been sold on the International Box Office power of either Clooney or Bullock. Clooney has had five movies make over $200 million Worldwide in his career. Three of those are from the Ocean's series and the fourth one is Batman and Robin. Bullock has a similarly unimpressive record.

Edited by TLK

This will bomb, it looks good, but I don't doubt for a second that the general audience seeing this trailer will be like "So it's about two people floating in space for 2 hours?", hell, if I didn't know that the movie has much more to offer than what is shown here, I wouldn't even be interested.

Looking forward to it but there's something odd going on with the visuals, this last trailer looks magnificent, and yet, it's very CG looking, since just the faces of Bullock and Clooney are real. Tracking shot is impressive but as said, it's all CG, even if the stuff used to shoot this was crazy in its complexity, there's still a lot of cheating involved.

What I fear is that this is going to feel like a gimmick on 2 hours, there's something very impressive to a well done tracking shot, but after a certain amount of time, it feels like the director is just doing it because he can, it feels very self-conscious.

But yeah, I'm one of those who's very skeptical on Cuaron, Prisoner Of Azkaban is fantastic, but COM is very overrated. 

• Like 1

This will bomb, it looks good, but I don't doubt for a second that the general audience seeing this trailer will be like "So it's about two people floating in space for 2 hours?", hell, if I didn't know that the movie has much more to offer than what is shown here, I wouldn't even be interested.

Looking forward to it but there's something odd going on with the visuals, this last trailer looks magnificent, and yet, it's very CG looking, since just the faces of Bullock and Clooney are real. Tracking shot is impressive but as said, it's all CG, even if the stuff used to shoot this was crazy in its complexity, there's still a lot of cheating involved.

What I fear is that this is going to feel like a gimmick on 2 hours, there's something very impressive to a well done tracking shot, but after a certain amount of time, it feels like the director is just doing it because he can, it feels very self-conscious.

But yeah, I'm one of those who's very skeptical on Cuaron, Prisoner Of Azkaban is fantastic, but COM is very overrated. 

I noticed that to, seeing the CG in a movie like this would be a disaster.  I hope its just the trailer or something and it looks way better in the theater.

Anyways, it'll be fun to see a horror film where the enemy isn't a monster or some dude with a knife, but a basic force of nature, we don't get enough of those (oh Sunshine you came so close).

Edited by Shpongle