Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

Lol there exist people who hate Patty?

17 hours ago, StevenG said:

What she needs to do is get her Oscar bait cred back, and then do the Vixen movie that we all (ok, many of us) want to see. 

When asked on Twitter about her favorite superhero, she said it was Big Barda. I was shook!

giphy.gif

On 3/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, Valonqar said:

where everyone is badass and men are not emasculated by women unlike Star Wars

just dropping this all casual-like, the level of discourse in this thread...

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

These support tweets and letters are kinda pathetic. 

So if you are going through a public, not-too-great situation right now, you'd find support tweets and letters from personal friends and/or peers of yours pathetic?

I guess some people have different educations and cultures, then.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So if you are going through a public, not-too-great situation right now, you'd find support tweets and letters from personal friends and/or peers of yours pathetic?

I guess some people have different educations and cultures, then.

#TheEdgelordLife

• Like 1

Eh, I'm on the fence about support tweets. I'm sure she's getting support privately too, so support tweets kind of advertise that she has a flop on her hands and needs supporters to tell her they still love her (especially when they gush over something that clearly isn't gush-able, like pity votes, I dunno). It puts attention back to failure. Without them, people would simply forget. And, like I said, she is going to get private support anyway. Tough call. 

If supporting my friend or causal acquaintance is wrong then I don't want to be right. 

I get not liking the sycophant wannabe "woke" entertainment media fans "support" because it reads as condescending but peer support shouldn't be a problem. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If supporting my friend or causal acquaintance is wrong then I don't want to be right. 

I get not liking the sycophant wannabe "woke" entertainment media fans "support" because it reads as condescending but peer support shouldn't be a problem. 

Yeah, this is a good point. Distinguishing between the two. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The examples are all over twitter. 

Then it shouldn't be a problem for you to point out some of them, right? I want to know the difference between someone who is genuinely jazzed that we are finally getting some different perspectives in cinema other than the same old, same old, and someone whom you deem "condescending".