CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

6 hours ago, ReptileDysfunction7 said:

The hell? It was more profitable than Lion King?

Longer length realistic CGI + superstar cast vs. animated feature length regular animation + Frozen cast budget. Also, the small percentage of DOM underperformance it seems to have more than made up for in digital and HV sales.

Is it a hot take to say Frozen 2 > Frozen?

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Despite earning more in box office revenue I don't think Frozen 2 had anywhere near the cultural impact of Frozen.

And in my opinion Frozen had a better story. I just didn't like the ending of Frozen 2. Elsa needs to end her vacation in the woods and get back to Arendelle.

Although I did like this part...

f47ea97f029c36082764f13cb5c003bdf7dc50ad

• Like 3

The only thing I think is better in 2 is the music. Show Yourself >>> Every other song in this franchise EXCEPT When We're Together.

Though, as years go on and cultural osmosis fades, I do find myself liking "Let It Go" more often.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

EXCEPT When We're Together.

Yaaaaaaaas, this is a 🔥 🔥 🔥take. Let’s be best friends now.     

I preferred the story of F1, and it was a more successful box office run. But for 2 to perform nearly as well was crazy impressive. Bring on F3 in 2024 with some nice D+ content to bridge the gap.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Longer length realistic CGI + superstar cast vs. animated feature length regular animation + Frozen cast budget. Also, the small percentage of DOM underperformance it seems to have more than made up for in digital and HV sales.

Yeah domestic legs after the holidays were bleh. But it still did...fine I suppose, even if it’s only $477M compared to the $500M+ that people were saying.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:19 PM, OffTheHizzle said:

I just didn't like the ending of Frozen 2. Elsa needs to end her vacation in the woods and get back to Arendelle.

No way. She became a fae queen/nature goddess equivalent at the end who is finally a free spirit roaming the world, the place where she belongs. The perfect end to the story of a young woman who was locked up and isolated for the first 21 years of her life due to her "otherness".

And Anna becoming Queen of Arendelle is also a logical conclusion as not only was she always more capable of being a leader but she was always the sister with the closer connection to the kingdom, be it turning up for her parents' funeral alone or supporting her people when Elsa left them in a nuclear winter. The ending couldn't be better for me.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The ending couldn't be better for me.

I'm glad you liked it, but it ruined the movie for me. Like when Anna's letter to Elsa says "keep looking after the forest". I just think that's stupid. The forest will be fine as long as people don't touch it.

I mean, what is Elsa going to do on a daily basis, other than ride around on the Nokk?

• Like 2

This should be the plot for Frozen 3: 

Arendelle people want Queen Anna to wed Prince from a nearby kingdom to strengthen the relationship and for resources/trades etc.. 

The Prince from that Kingdom is not evil at all, he is actually very nice and Anna starts questioning her love for Kristoff. 

Elsa dives into the unknown and questions her existence. She is adopted and that shatters her illusion which makes her move away from Anna. 

They can also play on who Kristoff is actually.. He wad adopted by trolls but how come he ended up there. 

Edited by Madhuvan

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Arendelle people want Queen Anna to wed Prince from a nearby kingdom to strengthen the relationship and for resources/trades etc.. 

The Prince from that Kingdom is not evil at all, he is actually very nice and Anna starts questioning her love for Kristoff. 

Elsa dives into the unknown and questions her existence. She is adopted and that shatters her illusion which makes her move away from Anna. 

They can also play on who Kristoff is actually.. He wad adopted by trolls but how come he ended up there. 

That would destroy everything from Frozen 2, including Elsa. And Kristoff already proposed to Anna and she accepted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OffTheHizzle said:

I mean, what is Elsa going to do on a daily basis, other than ride around on the Nokk?

Right...to this day, I still don't understand how Elsa actually grew as a person in this movie. Anna, yes.

I just hope Movie #3 doesn't do what Tangled, the Series did.

Spoiler

Eugene was ACTUALLY a prince from a fallen kingdom the entire time! Wow! Boring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Bleh, that sounds like the kind of romantic melodrama that the first movie was praised for subverting. I would hope that the next movie just has Anna and Kristoff in a stable marriage and does something different with its subplot.

Edited by Menor