CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IDK. 2nd film was ehh. I definitely don't want 3rd part.

I loved the 2nd film, not quite as good as the first one but pretty darn close. The animation was spectacular, especially the water scenes in Atohollan, and the forest was pretty well-animated. The soundtrack overall was better than the first, but Disney really had themselves in a bind because they marketed the inferior song (Into the Unknown) vs the better song (Show Yourself) but also because Show Yourself had some spoilers. But I liked the animation in particular.

• Like 1

Finally watched it, and I'm surprised that it was far superior to the first one in every single aspect (Songs, animation, plot), it is a far more ambitious and mature movie than the first one, so I'm not surprised it didn't become a phenomenon like the first one, they focused the movie on the kids that grew up watching the first one instead of focusing in the new generation.

Soundtrack is fantastic, Show Yourself shoud've been the music signature of this franchise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Finally watched it, and I'm surprised that it was far superior to the first one in every single aspect (Songs, animation, plot), it is a far more ambitious and mature movie than the first one, so I'm not surprised it didn't become a phenomenon like the first one, they focused the movie on the kids that grew up watching the first one instead of focusing in the new generation.

Soundtrack is fantastic, Show Yourself shoud've been the music signature of this franchise.

The animation was stunning! Like when I first saw some of it I was like “uhhh I booked tickets for Frozen 2 am I in the right movie theater?” The water especially, probably rivaled even that of Moana’s water animation.

I’ll just get to the basics:

The good:

-Animation

-Songs (especially Show Yourself)

-Soundtrack in general

-Olaf recapping the first Frozen

The bad:

-Kristoff didn’t have much to do sometimes

-I could see how Anna could come off as really annoying to some

-That it didn’t outgross Finding Dory at the US box office (F2- $477.4M; FD- $486.3M)

-That it didn’t reach $500M domestic

-That Moana wasn’t the water spirit ;-;

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Show Yourself was definitely the best song in Frozen 2, but I still like Let It Go more. That entire sequence in the original Frozen was amazing.

I liked some things about Frozen 2 (i.e. Show Yourself, incredible animation), but for me it had nowhere near the emotional punch of Frozen. With the exception of the improved animation, I just thought everything in Frozen was better.

• Like 1

Even tho frozen 2 had less cultural impact than frozen,  I think the sequel really helped the brand to get trust again and reduce haters in Mexico. You know after the christmas short before coco, there were so much hate to the brand, like believe SO much hate, even people who I know that liked the first one, hated that short. So with the sequel It was like flipping a coin, people could hate it even more or like it. And thank God it was well received here.  I saw it on theaters like 5 times and most of them got applause and people crying. Then I asked friends and they reccomended it and others told me that they enjoyed it, although they couldnt recall the songs except for into the unknown.

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The making of documentary series on Frozen 2 is absolutely amazing.

Hopefully it will leak soon, because otherwise I have no chance to see it. I don't get why they decided not to launch Disney+ globally. It's their loss.

8 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Hopefully it will leak soon, because otherwise I have no chance to see it. I don't get why they decided not to launch Disney+ globally. It's their loss.

Adding up the running time of each episode, it's 219 minutes.

3 Hours, 39 minutes. I think that's the longest making of of any Disney movie.

• Like 1

After watching the ‘Show Yourself’ debate unfold - the irony of the situation is that the answer regarding who or what the voice is - still ended up being so ambiguous in the final cut. 

My interpretation of the voice is that is has always been Elsa’s - her character arc throughout both movies has always been internally motivated.

With ‘Let it Go,’ Elsa gave herself permission to be herself and experiment with her powers. With ‘Into the Unknown,’ Elsa allows herself to be seduced and listen to her ‘inner-voice’ that is calling out to her internally. That the Queen of Arendelle is not where she is really meant to be - to take the risk of leaving her new comfort zone, and lose everything to follow her passion.

This all then culminates with ‘Show Yourself,’ where Elsa finally comes to the realization and full acceptance that she being herself was the answer she has so desperately searched for her entire life - closing and completing her arc throughout both movies.

I feel like the directors/producers/song writers finally all decided on the choice of making the voice Iduna as a simple and nice book end to the ‘All is Found’ lullaby within the context of the movie - though story wise, considering Iduna has no magic, has never expressed a direct acceptance of Elsa while she was alive in either movies, and that she and Agnar have long passed away before they ever got a definitive answer regarding the ‘source of Elsa’s powers’ - I feel like it only makes sense that rather than the voice literally being Iduna herself, the voice is more of metaphor or a figurative representation of Iduna to help Elsa come to the realization and confirmation that she is deeply connected to Ahtohallon, by reminding her of the lullaby that she was comforted by as a child.

Otherwise, if the voice is literally Iduna herself, I feel like it greatly diminishes Elsa’s arc by having the need for an external force in her mother to propel Elsa to follow her passion into the Enchanted Forest - as well as the need to have her mother’s validation and approval for Elsa to finally feel free to embrace and love herself.

I wish the docu-series would have explained more regarding what was so unsatisfying or confusing regarding Elsa seeing, singing, and directly interacting with her own reflection before transforming into her final and complete form - it certainly sounded like it would have been much easier to follow than the final version.

All this said - ‘Show Yourself’ is still incredible and it was 100% worth the time invested that was spent to save it in the movie. Just a shame it wasn’t the song Disney chose to nominate for an Oscar.

• Like 1

I think regardless of what one might think of the overall film,we can (or should) all agree that “Show Yourself” is a powerful culmination of Elsa’s ark that began with the first film.For a sequel not planned from the beginning to have such a moment that deserves some credit.It’s a scene I know many people relate to and are moved by,and it’s a testament to the writers in how they approached the sequel, writing it from the inside out.

• Like 1