CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

2 hours ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

LOL that was quick

Given that both Frozen films have had a nearly identical release calendar, it makes it easy to compare release timing of certain things.

Frozen II came out on Blu-Ray before the first film came out on digital, and on Disney+ before the first one released on Blu-Ray.

Granted, the movie landscape is quite a bit different compared to where it was in early 2014, but its still interesting to see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

Given that both Frozen films have had a nearly identical release calendar, it makes it easy to compare release timing of certain things.

Frozen II came out on Blu-Ray before the first film came out on digital, and on Disney+ before the first one released on Blu-Ray.

Granted, the movie landscape is quite a bit different compared to where it was in early 2014, but its still interesting to see.

The age of physical copies is over, this was just the final nail in the coffin.

After having just watched the film,I’ve noticed three elements that really stand out.The art direction,the songs as a tool for character insight,and the character animation.In particular the character animation;there’s some scenes where I forget that I’m watching “cartoon characters”.All of those elements standout together, in one the greatest musical moments that I’ve ever seen in “Show Yourself”.

Edited by Melosh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

From a technical standpoint, Frozen 2 is the best animated film of 2019. In the animation department it beats everything that came out in 2019. Absolutely gorgeous.

Definitely, there's no competition there!

On 3/14/2020 at 8:34 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

Genuinely hope this is successful (oh it will be) enough that Disney considers this to be a new normal.

I have one complaint about that.

I love DVD special features. You don't get that on streaming services.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn

19 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I have one complaint about that.

I love DVD special features. You don't get that on streaming services.

Actually you do.

Disney Plus does offer special features, and should one buy it on like Fandango Now, Amazon or Vudu, you do get most if not all of the special features lately.

I'm pretty sure with, say for instance, they let Mulan (less likely) or Onward (potentially more likely) out early, they probably already have the Blu special features already created made for those. But you're not wrong either, they may not release the features for those.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:27 PM, a2k said:

Wouldn't watch F2 again even if I were paid to do so. On the other hand would gladly shell out a few bucks to rewatch F1. Vastly different movies in quality imo. A vs C

I agree that Frozen is definitely better than Frozen 2, but I'd say it's more like A+ for Frozen vs. A- or B+ for Frozen 2.