Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

9 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I don't really see what Batman and Superman have to do with New Line.

Has to do with Shazam. Shazam being the first DCEU movie under New Line.

Off-tangent regarding the Batman & Superman rebound: Goyer & Nolan had to come in from other WB/New Line movies before Begins after B&R and Snyder had to come in from other WB movies before MoS after Returns

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I heard the DC intro isn't being used in this movie. Can anyone who has seen the movie confirm this? Because that makes no sense considering that even the DC Universe shows use the intro.

It does not have those DC heroes according to persons already saw it.

DC-line-up-Canva.jpg

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I heard the DC intro isn't being used in this movie. Can anyone who has seen the movie confirm this? Because that makes no sense considering that even the DC Universe shows use the intro.

Maybe it’s a trademark od Geoff Johns produced DC content? Since DCU is his baby, and Aquaman was the last movie made when he was DC Films’ Feige. Guess Walter Hamada just doesn’t like that stuff.

20 minutes ago, TMP said:

Maybe it’s a trademark od Geoff Johns produced DC content? Since DCU is his baby, and Aquaman was the last movie made when he was DC Films’ Feige. Guess Walter Hamada just doesn’t like that stuff.

Yeah, this is the only DCEU movie right not produced by Johns. the DC Universe shows are also produced by him. Guessing it will be back with BOP next year.

• Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

A top critic just gave the movie a 1/4. Jesus Christ. He hated it that much?

There will be plenty of people that feel that way, I'm sure.

Reviews are trickling in and we will continue over the next couple of weeks, till we get over 300. Chances are it will settle in the mid-80's looking at the average score.

It is what it is. There's little point in keeping track of every negative coming in. 

At this stage, this is assured of a good reception, probably second only to WW in the DCEU, and that's a big win for them, especially if audience reactions so far will be backed up once OW comes around...

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Chances are it will settle in the mid-80's looking at the average score.

A lot of superhero films have average scores in the 7's and a 90%+, like Spider-Man Homecoming. Can't see it being any more divisive than that film

Mid 80s would feel somewhat disappointing to me. Even SMH managed to get a 92%, and I thought that movie was just decent. 

Also, as a side note, that critic who gave the movie a 1/4 is also on Metacritic, so that’s going to drag down the score there as well.