Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Every single critic is biased, just some more than others. Films like CM have extremely biased reviews on both sides. Aquaman had the same issue.

This movie isn't going to win an Oscar yet it's getting incredibly high reviews with near universal praise even from tough critics. Enjoy the ride, it's going to do great.

21 hours ago, cax16 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you from and did the jokes work ok for you? 

Greece but due to my job and current relationship status I get to travel a lot, and this is why I get to see some films (usually tentpoles) early.And the jokes landed just fine with me and the entire auditorium. Like I didn't laugh in every single one of the jokes but the vast majority were freaking hilarious. And I really didn't care all that much for them since the family stuff is so damn powerful.Plus,some surprises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

92% at 66 reviews. Captain Marvel was 91% at 68 reviews. IMO this is still on track to settle in the 75%-80% range.

88% at 67 reviews and a 7.17 average rating, Shazam! is still holding on better. On MetaCritic it's also been well above anywhere Captain Marvel has been. CM was always heading for a downward trajectory based on the average rating.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

92% at 66 reviews. Captain Marvel was 91% at 68 reviews. IMO this is still on track to settle in the 75%-80% range.

Metacritic difference between the two films makes me think otherwise.

re: by my divisiveness comment I meant that if 80% of critics like a film it's going to be more divisive than if 95% of all critics who see it like it. I didn't mean it was getting divisive reviews in general.

32 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

It could drop into the 80s but I assume WB is readying the "93% on RT"  spot as we speak?  At that point everything else is moot. 

Us was still using their "100% on RT" spots almost up until release (they put a disclaimer stating "as of xx/xx/2019")

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Us was still using their "100% on RT" spots almost up until release (they put a disclaimer stating "as of xx/xx/2019")

Shazam has a few twitter ads using "97% on RT*

*as of xx/xx/2019"

So maybe those will be put on tv?

• Like 1